Balmoral Island or Blue Lagoon

chrislo

We will be on Nassau on Nov 25th from 12 - 7. It will be DH, DS (11) and Myself. We are looking at both Balmoral Island and Blue Lagoon, would you say one is better than the other and is either possible on our own or should we stick with the ship excursion?

Thank You

Here's another thread asking the same question: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2405885

Balmoral is leased by Carnival so I don't think it's possible to do it on your own. Blue Lagoon you might be able to do on your own unless Carnival offers the same excursion, in which case you have to book through Carnival.

I've been to Blue Lagoon but not Balmoral so I can't really compare. Blue Lagoon is great though. The main disadvantage is that are only a few ferry times a day so your hours may be limited.

We will be on Nassau on Nov 25th from 12 - 7. It will be DH, DS (11) and Myself. We are looking at both Balmoral Island and Blue Lagoon, would you say one is better than the other and is either possible on our own or should we stick with the ship excursion?

Thank You

Please keep in mind that it will be dusk early when you arrive. Dark around 4:45pm

Can't tell you which I would choose, but I can tell you that Balmoral is not licensed for dolphins etc, and the gov't is trying to shut them down.