Taxi Question and beach question

Zeno

How hard would it be to get a return taxi from Long Beach to Soper's hole?

I am assuming it would not be too difficult to get a taxi to Long Beach.

Also it there anywhere we can rent loungers or chairs on Long beach? and approximate cost?

Thx

Thx for info blue_water

Another question:

What about a taxi to Cane Garden Bay or Brewers Bay from Soper's hole?

Costs? and especially for Brewers getting a return taxi.

I just discovered that Long Bay is probably not suitable for me ( I am recovering from knee surgery - so getting OUT of the ocean it is very rocky or has a steep incline could be very difficult)

So is there any beach that has relatively easy water entry and especially water exit?

Thx for any info.

Taxi from West End to Brewers is $20/15, to CGB $15/12. Both are gradual entry and usually calm although both can be quite rough with sea swells.Taxis will line up at CGB, your driver will schedule a pick up at Brewers.

It's mostly sand on the west end of Long Bay, but I agree that Brewers or CGB would be a better choice. CGB would be the busier of the two of course.

Edited by blue_water

Yes, CGB is a fun vibe with lots of fellow cruisers (even more if there's also a larger ship docked in Road Town) and several beach bars to choose from. We like Myett's and Tony's. Brewers has the one beach bar with fewer people but it's still a popular beach. So just a matter of the experience you want. You can find youtube videos of both, but that can spoil the anticipation too...

Have you checked the cruise ship schedule that day? http://www.cruisett.com is pretty accurate.

We totally LOVE Brewers Bay Beach! It's like stepping back in time to what the Caribbean use to be. :)

Just commenting that you can totally trust Blue Waters information. It's always accurate and helpful.

LuLu

I meant to add that you may want to read some of Lulu's posts as she is a very savvy traveler and offers great advice from her experiences as well! I've learned much from her! ;)

Yes, CGB is a fun vibe with lots of fellow cruisers (even more if there's also a larger ship docked in Road Town) and several beach bars to choose from. We like Myett's and Tony's. Brewers has the one beach bar with fewer people but it's still a popular beach. So just a matter of the experience you want. You can find youtube videos of both, but that can spoil the anticipation too...

Have you checked the cruise ship schedule that day? http://www.cruisett.com is pretty accurate.

Thx so much for that website - very helpful!

What a great cruise - You have an overnight on both Jost and Virgin Gorda as well! White Bay will be more a party spot on Jost so Brewers is a good option for Tortola. The North Sould is a nice area to explore on VG, and the Baths are worth a visit, especially if you aren't with a very large group. You don't have to deal with the huge ships which is good. When on Jost you may see a few folks come over from Tortola from the NCL ship, and there will be daytrippers stopping into White Bay throughlut the day. But should be a fun day and an excellent cruise!