Oasis of the Seas Cabin 1758 Review

dr.evil

Still photo from the bedroom with the vertical shades fully down. You can see Deck 16 and the stairs leading to Deck 15.

The metal structure to the left of the window is the window washing platform that moves on rails around the windows on Deck 17. I never saw them use it and it did not obstruct our view at all.

There was a lot of foot traffic on Deck 16 going to and from the Windjammer for breakfast and lunch.

We would just raise the vertical blinds slightly if we needed privacy.

Chris :)

IMG_1682.jpg.e1984c925332bea75b7185b2a75201f5.jpg

If someone can tell me how to post full size pictures rather than the thumbnails, I will post better pictures.

Thanks,

The only way I have been able to post regular size pictures, is by using my Flickr account or a similar photo sharing site. If you figure out another way share how you did it, please. :D Thanks again for all the info, and the sharing of pictures and videos!

DiamondSuiteCruiser,

Thank you. My pictures are only on my iPad and phone. I don't belong to any photo sharing sites.

I guess I will have to keep posting the thumbnails unless anyone else has any tricks.

Chris:)

Edited by dr.evil

remajm,

Leticia is great. If you talk to her again please tell her the Wood family from the October 8 sailing says hello.

We had the curtains open as soon as we woke up every morning. The blackout curtains do a great job of blocking the light. The curtains in the bedroom have a little bit of a hard time moving around the center post that the TV is mounted on. I would manually move the curtains around the back of post to close them all the way.

We did close the sheer curtains occasionally in the afternoon if we were on the sunny side of the ship.

The vertical shades in the bedroom are in addition to the black out curtains and sheer curtains. They are very cool and give you complete privacy in the room without shutting the sheer or blackout curtains and allowing you to keep the natural light in the room.

With the vertical curtains down all the way you can see deck 16 and the stairs to deck 15. With the vertical shades up you cannot see any part of the ship and no one can see in the room. You still have a nice view of the ocean.

I will attempt to post two videos I have of the shades to YouTube to give you an idea.

I couldn't find much video or pictures of this cabin either.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for those videos. Is the hot tub big enough for 2 and is it easy to use?

The hot tub is easily big enough for two. You could fit three or four people if you are VERY good friends.

The hot tub is easy to operate. The faucet controls the water temperature and rate of flow just like a bathtub. There are two selectors for water jets from the side and from the bottom of the tub. Two other knobs select the intensity of the jets.

If you select the jets on the bottom of the hot tub, the motor is much louder than just using the side jets.

Hope this helps.

We made it and it was great! Went to meet & mingle and won a back pack in the raffle. It didn't last long really.

I've been meaning to post some comments and what not, but haven't gotten to it yet. Getting caught up at work, plus I'd like to also figure out how to post pictures.

We had a great time, loved Cozumel and the ship. We stayed in a Central Park balcony, cabin 11607. We actually found it to be one of the loudest cabins we've stayed in. Maybe just luck of draw with neighbors. Nothing major and still great. I'll have to post something separately. We wanted to try it out, but we missed the ocean view.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are welcome.

I tried to just film the cabin without a running commentary and let the room speak for itself. No one wants to hear me telling them that this is a closet or this is a bathtub.

If anyone has any questions about the cabin or cruise, I would be happy to try and answer them.

We just returned from the October 8, 2016 Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean cruise.

We were originally booked in an Aqua Theater Suite (A4) cabin 14330. The day before the cruise, Royal Caribbean called and asked if we wanted to upgrade. Evidently, there were several guests who cancelled or could not make the cruise due to Hurricane Matthew.

We upgraded to the Grand Loft Balcony Suite (GL) cabin 1758. The cabin is on deck 17 next to the Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge.

The upgrade included moving from a Sky Class Suite to a Star Class Suite. We were looking forward to the Sky Class but really enjoyed the Star Class amenities. Star Class included the complimentary beverage package, complimentary gratuities (we added gratuities for every server we encountered), and the "Genie" (our personal concierge.) The Genie assigned to us was great.

Also included was unlimited access to the Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge.

The room was fantastic. There is a large living area with a dining table for six, large couch and chairs, wet bar with refrigerator, and a flat screen TV.

Off the living area as you enter is a short hallway with a closet and bath with shower.

The balcony is off the living room. There are two lounge chairs and a hot tub. The views from the balcony are forward on the starboard side of the ship and to sea. There is no view aft due to a Sky Loft Suite next door.

The bedroom and living room have two story floor to ceiling glass walls affording awesome views of the ocean. Each wall of windows are covered by room darkening curtains and sheer curtains operated by electric motors controlled from individual panels on the walls.

The bedroom also has electrically controlled vertical shades that move up and down to afford privacy in the bedroom while allowing a view of the ocean.

The bedroom has a king bed. From the bedroom there are two sets of three steps on either side of the bed that lead to the elevated bath area.

The bath area has two separate sinks on either side separated by a large opening that overlooks the bed and bedroom window wall. There is an oversized tub centered in the bath overlooking the bed and window wall. There is ample storage and closet space. Multiple electric outlets are spaced throughout. There is one dressing mirror to the left side of the bath and two mirrors over each sink. Each mirror is lighted.

There is a large shower with bench seat and two shower heads. One of the shower is an overhead "rain" shower.

The bathroom consisted of a toilet and bidet.

The Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge were two of the nicest perks. We ate in the Coastal Kitchen three nights. Specialty restaurants were also complimentary with the Sky Class amenities. We ate at specialty restaurants four nights.

We enjoyed our cruise very much and have only good things to say about our experience.

For anyone booking cabin 1758, I would only caution that you are immediately adjacent to the Coastal Kitchen "kitchen." There was pots and pans, and moving equipment noise late at night and early in the morning. We were not bothered by it. If you go to bed early or sleep late, it may bother some people. It did not bother us.

I will attempt to post pictures from the cabin.

If you have any questions you can email me at rcwood@sbcglobal.net.

Chris 😀

Just curious if you don't mind me asking what you left for leticia?

Remajm,

I assume you are asking about gratuities.

I think it would be inappropriate for me to say publicly.

I can say we struggled with how much is appropriate and enough for the great service we were given.

I hope we left enough.