Pineapple Beach-No day pass available

tstank

if you really must do a day at a hotel then you can get day passes for Hawksbill Hotel with its 4 beautiful beaches for about $50. That doesn't include watersports tho. Also there is Jolly Beach which has one of the longest beaches and their pass includes watersports use. Different strokes for different folks i guess, because i wouldn't be interested in a day pass if i only had one day on an island. Go explore on your own or do and island tour by boat or by car. You will have more fun and you can still have lunch and drinks for less $$.

:eek: No day pass was available for our day in Antigua. What would people suggest to do?

When were you trying to book a day pass? Are they sold out for that date or just not doing day passes anymore? I thought it would be a good place to relax for a day and still be able to see some of the area on the taxi ride there.

tex, please don't be afraid to ask for directions whenever you need them. Antigua is a very safe place. The roads are rough though especially after this wet summer. I reccomend going off to English Harbour or Falmouth. Drive up to Shirley Heights for the view and some history, then back down to historic Nelson's Dockyard. Very nearby is Pigeon Beach, one of Antigua's best and Bumpkins beach bar. Good simple food there, then you can take a drive back through the very bumpy Fig Tree Drive (ask for directions). This will take you along the South coast of Antigua passing some beautiful hillsides and beaches. Stop for one last swim at Dark Wood beach before going back into Town. This will take you a day giving you some time to get lost and still make it back with good memories. Have fun and STAY ON THE LEFT!

ANTIGUAN: Thanks a bunch !! Ordered a great map online... but be sure I will ask for help if we need it (it's my husband that has a problem with that - it's a guy thing :D ) He is left handed and has no problem driving on the left - been to Jamaica twice for a week each time - he did just fine and they drive like crazy wild things :eek: Us and another couple and we are all scuba divers (do not plan to dive tho) - which beach is best for snorkle ? Have our own gear. Thanks for the lunch stop recommendation too. We like to sample local cuisine as much as we can.

We too inquired about a day pass at Pineapple and their response was to check back two weeks prior to arrival. We are going in January and their high season starts in mid December and they don't want to allow day pass reservations untiol they get a read on their capacity.

We too inquired about a day pass at Pineapple and their response was to check back two weeks prior to arrival. We are going in January and their high season starts in mid December and they don't want to allow day pass reservations untiol they get a read on their capacity.

Thanks, that was the info I was looking for. I have emailed them for info but have not heard back yet

ANTIGUAN: Thanks a bunch !! Ordered a great map online... but be sure I will ask for help if we need it (it's my husband that has a problem with that - it's a guy thing :D ) He is left handed and has no problem driving on the left - been to Jamaica twice for a week each time - he did just fine and they drive like crazy wild things :eek: Us and another couple and we are all scuba divers (do not plan to dive tho) - which beach is best for snorkle ? Have our own gear. Thanks for the lunch stop recommendation too. We like to sample local cuisine as much as we can.

TexanCruzer & Antiguan...

My husband and I are looking to do the same type of thing that the two of you are discussing! Rening a vehicle and checking out the island.. Where did you order the map from??? Antiguan - the itinerary that you suggested, how many hours do you think this would take.. we arrive at 7am and have to be back on the ship by 5pm...

Would love to discuss this in some more detail.. maybe we should start up a new thread???

Thanks!

Amy

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I went to Pineapple Beach with four other folks last December off of the Constellation. I had planned to do the day pass, but when we got dropped off a bit down the beach from the hotel itself, we got into negotiations with some guys on the beach renting chairs and umbrellas for much less money than the day pass price (which was $45). We ended up staying with the guys and having lunch at a little beach restaurant. The food was not gourmet, but we all thought it was fine. The beer was cold. They had a bathroom in the back of the restaurant. There was a fancier restaurant a little farther down the beach if you would prefer, but the bottom line is that you can enjoy Pineapple Bay Beach without using the hotel facilities. We're going back to Antigua next month and I'm still deciding whether to return to Pineapple Beach or try Long Bay.

Enjoy your visit!

Linda

Interested in visiting Pineapple Beach on Dec 29th this year. Will we be able to just get a cab there and visit the beach without purchasing a day pass?

Any info much appreciated!

Or if anyone has any ideas for another good beach with same kind of facilities close to the port....??

Thanks!

I have been to Pineapple Beach for a resort stay in the past...I do remember hotel security walking the beach on "cruise ship days" making sure there was no one there that shoudn't be....and asking people to leave. Seems like a long trip from the dock for only a short amount of time (at the risk of being asked to leave) I would go elsewhere ....especially if I knew I could enjoy somewhere else for the day with no worries.

We were at Pineapple last week. The cab driver dropped us off in between the 2 hotels there and no one bothered us. There were plenty of people there from cruise ships. You don't need a day pass to go there. As someone mentioned in an earlier post, there's a little beach bar there that has a restroom. Go and have fun!

Archived