Sell me on the Equinox

cruzluver2

We have never sailed Celebrity. We have sailed Carnival, Royal Caribbean and our favorite Princess. We are looking at an 11 night on Equinox in May 17. 2 adults, early 50's. Favorite activities is relaxing and a couple good shows and night entertainment. Don't like jazz or classical music. Please tell me if we would like this ship and why. Thanks.

From this brief summary not sure EQ is for you so no reason to sell it..We love it...but you mght not.

Celeb not known for good shows and nightime entertainment.. Athough subjective, shows and lobby stuff was lame in Jan on EQ...

They do get great jazz groups sometimes in the Ensemble lounge and occasionally a standout string quartet. House bands usually ok and one or two folk guitar/ singers.

Great ship for relaxation, nice spa/gym, good food, lovely decor....you may find a range of ages but possibly older ..although we never cruised on her in May. If you prefer Princess to Carnival it might work for you. Have fun!

The number of lounges on Equinox is outstanding and I am excited to try new ones like the World Bar as well as old faves like the Martini bar.

!

Just wait till you get to try the GastroBar! It has become our bar to hang at over the Sunset and Martini. Tho the food offerings have an ala-cart fee, the burger there is the best of any of the 7 lines we have sailed on! Not to mention 35+ craft beers :D

Mr Santos is marvelous at the World Bar!

santos.jpg.a7ad6fc2740e3a6b85057746158918d1.jpg

Edited by wallie5446

Just wait till you get to try the GastroBar! It has become our bar to hang at over the Sunset and Martini. Tho the food offerings have an ala-cart fee, the burger there is the best of any of the 7 lines we have sailed on! Not to mention 35+ craft beers :D

Mr Santos is marvelous at the World Bar!

Can't wait! My husband is THRILLED- he is a big craft beer drinker. He liked Michael's club but the location was a pain....We have some OBC so I will have to try that burger! :D

Can't wait! My husband is THRILLED- he is a big craft beer drinker. He liked Michael's club but the location was a pain....We have some OBC so I will have to try that burger! :D

They even know what is the proper glass ware for a Dogfish 90 to be served in!

And if you, like our wife's are not a craft fan, they will keep a nice selection of wine so you can enjoy it to!

Open, airy, 4-5 big screen TV's, and windows to watch out and see the waves go by! Dang we wanna go back now!

1207775111_gas1.jpg.3d2555a8223dd55cbf22d6003c7361ff.jpg

wine.jpg.6e463f5f8b05c02e2bae9551ce87f4ff.jpg

Had I wanted to be difficult, I could have done so. Don't be so judgemental about others.

I can imagine there will not be any doubt about that. I never made any judgement about others, it was a response to your post alone. As I said previously those of us who have contributed have done so positively to help cruzluver2 in their decision making. I feel it is very unfair and quite unnecessary that you should use their thread as a platform for your negativity.

They also offer a food and beer pairing at the gastropub. My daughter loved it. I on the other hand did the food and wine pairing and that was also fun.

I can imagine there will not be any doubt about that. I never made any judgement about others, it was a response to your post alone. As I said previously those of us who have contributed have done so positively to help cruzluver2 in their decision making. I feel it is very unfair and quite unnecessary that you should use their thread as a platform for your negativity.

How is the weather in the UK?;)

They even know what is the proper glass ware for a Dogfish 90 to be served in!

And if you, like our wife's are not a craft fan, they will keep a nice selection of wine so you can enjoy it to!

Open, airy, 4-5 big screen TV's, and windows to watch out and see the waves go by! Dang we wanna go back now!

I'm am quite partial to good beer (that British/Irish heritage coming through) but I am also looking forward to trying out their cocktails! :)

They also offer a food and beer pairing at the gastropub. My daughter loved it. I on the other hand did the food and wine pairing and that was also fun.

Yum! Can't wait! :D

Hey Tammy! How is ya?:D

I didn't get a seat in 2014 when we cruised with ya'll, nor when we were back on in Nov 2015 it sold out both times before I could get a seat! I hope to final get to try it in 2017.

EW

Edited by wallie5446