Norovirus outbreak on Vista

les37b

Well maybe do more than a quick search. I just put in hepatitisE cruise ships and its come up with 92000 hits

Move along.....not Carnivals fault..... Nothing here to see... :D

And no, for the record I'm not suggesting I know Carnival are to blame. Just that I'm not a fan boy and will look at things more subjectively than a flag waiver.

Maybe you should read some of those "hits". Why don't you tell us all how many of those 92,000 hits you got were individual cases of this happening? Most of those were the same stories over and over on different sites.

And I'm not a fan boy of any cruise line. Just calling it like it is.

Maybe you should read some of those "hits". Why don't you tell us all how many of those 92,000 hits you got were individual cases of this happening? Most of those were the same stories over and over on different sites.

And I'm not a fan boy of any cruise line. Just calling it like it is.

I did read some of those hits - but not all 92000. Once I found a few, I realised your claim of only 2 instances ever was false. I trust you didnt think I was suggesting there were 92000 cases? I do wonder!

Thanks for clarifying Carnival isnt your favourite cruise line! :p

I did read some of those hits - but not all 92000. Once I found a few, I realised your claim of only 2 instances ever was false. I trust you didnt think I was suggesting there were 92000 cases? I do wonder!

It's not my claim and you haven't showed anything were it is false. Here you go. Take what you want from it. All I'm saying is it sure seems highly unlikely that anyone would get Hep E from any cruise ship.

There appears to have been only one other instance of hepatitis E affecting passengers on a cruise ship, back in 2008.
In short, we will be surprised if we hear of another HEV concern on a cruise ship in the next decade.

https://norocore.ncsu.edu/something-unusual-hepatitis-e-warning-on-a-cruise-ship/

We traveled on the vista in August 2016 and when we came of the ship my husband began to feel unwell he ended up in hospital with liver failure and it turned out he had contracted hepatitis E from the Carnival vista I’m just wondering if anyone else got sick in August x

You should probably start a new thread. A lot more people will see your question that way.

It's not my claim and you haven't showed anything were it is false. Here you go. Take what you want from it. All I'm saying is it sure seems highly unlikely that anyone would get Hep E from any cruise ship.

https://norocore.ncsu.edu/something-unusual-hepatitis-e-warning-on-a-cruise-ship/

In short, we will be surprised if we hear of another HEV concern on a cruise ship in the next decade. :D
Funnily, you left the little smiley face off the website quote you chose to take as gospel so I've put it back on for you! lol

There are quite a few cases in the link I provided. If you want to think they're fake news, then fine.

You should probably start a new thread. A lot more people will see your question that way.

Spot on. (y)

Funnily, you left the little smiley face off the website quote you chose to take as gospel so I've put it back on for you! lol

There are quite a few cases in the link I provided. If you want to think they're fake news, then fine.

Spot on. (y)

Did you even read any of those links in your search? :rolleyes: It's the same 2 stories over and over. :eek: I added some smiley's since you like them. :D

Hello my husband got it from eating shellfish and as his liver was failing fast and they done all the tests that they thought was causing it they ask us had we done anything different and we then told them that we were on a cruise they ask did he eat shellfish and my husband replied yes every day and they then knew what to do his blood samples were then sent to kings in London and it was there that it was confirmed hep E if you read it takes a parasite 15-60 days to incubate and that’s is what happened to my husband .

Did he eat shellfish anywhere else during that 15-60 day period? Also, it seems to be associated more with under-cooked pork in developed countries.

Did you even read any of those links in your search? It's the same 2 stories over and over. :eek: I added some smiley's since you like them. :D

Is it?

I just looked at the first item. I dont really need to go beyond that!

In 2008, acute hepatitis E infection was confirmed in 4 passengers returning to the United Kingdom after a world cruise and goes on to say "consuming shellfish while on board" as being a contributing factor.

Now I didnt expect you to read 92000 items, but Id thought 1 item wouldnt be too much!

Have some smilies... :eek: :eek:

Is it?

I just looked at the first item. I dont really need to go beyond that!

In 2008, acute hepatitis E infection was confirmed in 4 passengers returning to the United Kingdom after a world cruise and goes on to say "consuming shellfish while on board" as being a contributing factor.

Now I didnt expect you to read 92000 items, but Id thought 1 item wouldnt be too much!

Have some smilies... :eek: :eek:

So which is it? ;)

So which is it? ;)

Which is what?

You posted a link saying there had been only 2 recorded instances and were on two consecutive Princes cruises from Melbourne.

Thats 2 and in just the first item in my link, I've given you another 4. I didnt need to look very far.

Within those links I saw several other mentions of Hep E on ships from crew members. I really didnt feel the need to go any further.