Going on Getaway in Nov. Willing to gather info

TABOOJB

Thanks JS for the picture. That steak is HUGE. Someone referred to it as the "Flintstone" steak. I heard the taste was excellent. Sure hope they have it on the Getaway. Your guys seemed to enjoy it by the smiles on their faces. Could they eat it all? We're thinking of sharing that steak and a shrimp entree.

I have two questions please! First, is there a something to hang wet swimsuits on in the bathroom? Last time I cruised I brought a clothesline and it turned out there was a retractable clothesline already installed. Second, could you check if there are any non alcoholic drinks besides a Shirley Temple and Roy Rogers? (I've heard of something frozen called a Bushwhacker?) My nine year old will be with us and I promised her she could have a special drink too once in a while!

Thanks!!

Is Illusionarium worth the price? And how much better is the floor seating compared to the banquet seating? What is the price on the first night and can you book ahead?

When I saw Illusinarium I really enjoyed the show but not the dinner. A act that was in Illusinarium then was then on the tv show Americas got talent. I found that pretty cool. They ended up getting 2nd. The clairvoyants. I have heard they're constantly changing the magic acts between the 4 magic acts. My gf and I both really enjoyed the show.

Hi. Thanks so much! Ill be on Getaway in February in a spa cabin. I would LOVE to see pictures and love for you to let us know if/when you ever experienced it crowded and if you spent a lot of time in there. We had a spa cabin on CCL Breeze and we loved it but looking at the pictures, Getaway looks much bigger and more pretty.

Also I would like to know if you go to the gym if I get there at 7 am will I get a treadmill or rower and are there any complimentary classes for the gym? Abs, total body conditioning, etc.

Enjoy your cruise and thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had a Spa Balcony back in March. The only time the Spa was ever busy was day 1 when they did a raffle. And that was just the front room but It was packed then. Besides that it was never packed again.

I have two questions please! First, is there a something to hang wet swimsuits on in the bathroom? Last time I cruised I brought a clothesline and it turned out there was a retractable clothesline already installed. Second, could you check if there are any non alcoholic drinks besides a Shirley Temple and Roy Rogers? (I've heard of something frozen called a Bushwhacker?) My nine year old will be with us and I promised her she could have a special drink too once in a while![/url]

Yes to the clothes line. It's in the shower. And you can order any drink a Virgin so a ton of frozen drinks. Try a Dirty Banana

Edited by wizdiz

When I saw Illusinarium I really enjoyed the show but not the dinner. A act that was in Illusinarium then was then on the tv show Americas got talent. I found that pretty cool. They ended up getting 2nd. The clairvoyants. I have heard they're constantly changing the magic acts between the 4 magic acts. My gf and I both really enjoyed the show.

We'll be on the ship in December. If you have the chance to find out, I'd be interested in knowing the names of any of the magicians performing in the Illusionarium or the main theatre.

Thanks!

I've added a couple more things to my list.

I will also be trying to get pics of menus in the restaurants as the most up to date I've seen are the ones on beyond ships that at for breakaway.

I will then need to figure out how to upload them!

Watch this space after 15 Nov...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

I would love to see the specialty restaurant menus now that they have gone a la carte. I have seen menus for the Escape. Are they the same system wide? Also, any breakfast venues you notice besides the MDR and buffet. Margaritaville has an a la carte menu I assume?

I want to cruise the Baltics next summer on the Getaway. Let us know if you hear any news on this.

Thank you! Enjoy your trip.

did you upgrade using the upsell phone number or did you get the email to bid

Me? I had no idea there was anything called an upsell when I called and upgraded to the Haven room. I have only cruised once before and after I read about upselling, I called back and basically they told me I'd have had to wait for an email from them anyway. After reading there's an actual upsell phone number to call, I doubt their answer. I'm bummed, but trying not to focus on the fact that I probably could've saved a few hundred dollars. ugh....

Me? I had no idea there was anything called an upsell when I called and upgraded to the Haven room. I have only cruised once before and after I read about upselling, I called back and basically they told me I'd have had to wait for an email from them anyway. After reading there's an actual upsell phone number to call, I doubt their answer. I'm bummed, but trying not to focus on the fact that I probably could've saved a few hundred dollars. ugh....

Yes! Always book a lower room that you would be happy with and wait for the "Norwegian Advantage Program" email. It will explain how to bid on higher rooms like the Haven. We upgraded to the Haven Aft for about 40% of the real cost!

Yes! Always book a lower room that you would be happy with and wait for the "Norwegian Advantage Program" email. It will explain how to bid on higher rooms like the Haven. We upgraded to the Haven Aft for about 40% of the real cost!

Thanks for the answer! I just read your posts on another thread. That's awesome....2 in a nice, big forward aft. Our cruise is 11/6, just 2 of us, too, the room connected to a fwd. aft (penthouse suite, H5). Would be funny if we were neighbors. We booked through Costco Travel, so idk if they were even part of the upsell offer program. I have to stop thinking about it....lol. We got the upgrade for $750/pp, but it now includes the prepaid gratuities and internet, so technically came to about $550/pp. I'm ok with that. Hoping the Haven is all it sounds like it is.

Thanks for the answer! I just read your posts on another thread. That's awesome....2 in a nice, big forward aft. Our cruise is 11/6, just 2 of us, too, the room connected to a fwd. aft (penthouse suite, H5). Would be funny if we were neighbors. We booked through Costco Travel, so idk if they were even part of the upsell offer program. I have to stop thinking about it....lol. We got the upgrade for $750/pp, but it now includes the prepaid gratuities and internet, so technically came to about $550/pp. I'm ok with that. Hoping the Haven is all it sounds like it is.

You definitely will not be disappointed even if you paid a teeny bit more; totally worth it.

That would have been awesome if we were neighbors. We sail the following week actually! Don't be afraid to ask them any questions you have. They really are extremely accommodating for Haven Guests. Hope you have a fantastic trip!

To all of you sailing the Getaway Nov 6, do you know there is a roll call thread with others already cruising. Introduce yourselves there if not hope to meet you all on the cruise.

Hi....that's me.....11/6 Getaway cruiser!!! Sadly, I have no idea how to find the roll call thread for it. Can you enlighten me, please?

Look for the section in the boards that are titled "Roll Call". Then find "Norwegian Roll Call". Look for the Getaway section. Then our Nov 6 group thread original poster was seatheworld. Then say hello and you will be welcomed with open arms.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello,

We are on the Getaway on Nov 6th. I haven't seen an email mentioning the advantage program. Do you know when it is sent out? Thank you!

Hello,

We are on the Getaway on Nov 6th. I haven't seen an email mentioning the advantage program. Do you know when it is sent out? Thank you!

We got our upgrade email about 5 weeks ago. If you booked with a travel agent or any other website other than NCL you most likely will not recieved the email because they usually opt out of the program. Call NCL directly and ask for the upsell department they should be able to assist.

Hello,

Hi, we're sailing on the 6th as well. We received the upgrade advantage email on 9/24. Check your spam folder in case it went there.

If you could get a photo of the Noodle Bar menu as well... I'm curious if it's changed as all since it changed to complementary. Thanks!

Heres my list at the moment

Prime Rib - Osheehans + Any other places that may have it?

Ilusionarium on 1st day + Difference between banquet and floor (I have banquet seating so will report back on this)

Ocean Blue Menu

No problem!

Thanks for doing this! We sail nov 20...have forward balcony on deck 9 or 10...cannot remember...ds and dil are on one of the decks and we are on other:D

Would like to know if the balcony cabins have the type of coffee maker that you could use a K cup in...if they do I will bring some of our favorites...Thanks and have a great cruise!!

Hi there! Thank you so much for offering your services :)

We are getting married on The Getaway in January and they just sent us the location of where the ceremony will take place. They said it was a deck on Deck 17. I think this a sun deck that is toward the front of the ship, but I can't quite remember from our cruise last year.

If you could, would you mind investigating for me? If you take pictures, that would be even better!

It's hard planning a wedding when you can't visit the site!

Thanks again!