Booz on the Cruise! :o)~

wrt

Ok so let me get this straight! If I order booz now from the web page the "gift" section to be sent to my room I have to wait the following day, before they will deliver it. But...if I order it about an hour or two after we sail they will deliver that day? After reading all the Q&A this is what I have come up with. Or am I reading this all wrong!

I'm sorry for being a lil slow on this subject, I am sure there is a reason for their madness! Like keeping with the law!! But were exactly do I order the booze to get it in my cabin waiting on me? I can't order it on Texas soil, I cant order room service to get it that day? Do I call fun shops from my cabin to order for my room? I don't mind ordering it and getting it a day later. I'm not a raging alcoholic:cool:, I don't have it right away!! I have read other boards where folks got their waiting in their rooms when they got there. And I want to know what they did to get it there!!! BTW thanks for the response!;)

Edited by wrt

If you are traveling from the ports listed in the previous post I don't know of anything you can do to have it waiting for you short of smuggling or sailing from a different port. The "madness" is not Carnivals, it's the laws. The Fun shops on board do not deliver alcohol to your cabin. The liquor they sell has to be picked up on the morning you return to port.

Well ok then...thank you all for your response ...

Pyrate13 - I under stand the law is the reason for the rules. I think I mentioned that in my post! And have you ever heard "there is a method to my madness" its just a expression! ;) Thank you for the clarification though!

I'm sorry for being a lil slow on this subject, I am sure there is a reason for their madness! Like keeping with the law!! But were exactly do I order the booze to get it in my cabin waiting on me? I can't order it on Texas soil, I cant order room service to get it that day? Do I call fun shops from my cabin to order for my room? I don't mind ordering it and getting it a day later. I'm not a raging alcoholic:cool:, I don't have it right away!! I have read other boards where folks got their waiting in their rooms when they got there. And I want to know what they did to get it there!!! BTW thanks for the response!;)

You order it online and if allowed at the port you are leaving from it will be in your room waiting for you.

Ok so let me get this straight! If I order booz now from the web page the "gift" section to be sent to my room I have to wait the following day, before they will deliver it. But...if I order it about an hour or two after we sail they will deliver that day? After reading all the Q&A this is what I have come up with. Or am I reading this all wrong!

Not sure what the right answer is but I would order it online and bring my own bottle also. In that case you will have a bottle on the first day.

Not sure what the right answer is but I would order it online and bring my own bottle also. In that case you will have a bottle on the first day.

You do know that is not allow, right? If so, Best of luck with your smuggling. I have heard Carnival has really been cracking down. If they find it, even if it is a sealed bottle, you will not get it back. It is confiscated with compensation. Not like the old days that it was held until debark.

You do know that is not allow, right? If so, Best of luck with your smuggling. I have heard Carnival has really been cracking down. If they find it, even if it is a sealed bottle, you will not get it back. It is confiscated with compensation. Not like the old days that it was held until debark.

I too thought it was not allowed but I called Carnival directly on Monday and spoke with an agent who told me each adult over 18 is allowed one bottle of alcohol and 12 cans of soda. I hung up and called again and the other representative told me the same thing.

I too thought it was not allowed but I called Carnival directly on Monday and spoke with an agent who told me each adult over 18 is allowed one bottle of alcohol and 12 cans of soda. I hung up and called again and the other representative told me the same thing.

Perhaps the Rep you talked to meant wine because wine IS alcohol but they should have specified wine IMO. I do not know of a mass market cruise line that will allow you to bring your own bottle of liquor onboard. If you show up with a bottle of liquor expecting to board the ship, it will be taken.

Edited by ryano

Yes I know it is not allowed! ;)I'm not going to do that! I'm to old for that mess! If I cant afford my drinks or my bottles on the boat then I don't need to be going on a dang cruise!! :D

oop I am so sorry I thought you were quoting back to me!! :eek:

I do not know of a mass market cruise line that will allow you to bring your own bottle of liquor onboard. If you show up with a bottle of liquor expecting to board the ship, it will be taken.

It's been about 2 years so it may have changed, but on our Disney cruise we bought rum in Grand Cayman. When we boarded the ship we put it in its labeled box on the conveyer for scanning, when we passed through the metal detectors it was handed back to us to take with us to our cabin.

It's been about 2 years so it may have changed, but on our Disney cruise we bought rum in Grand Cayman. When we boarded the ship we put it in its labeled box on the conveyer for scanning, when we passed through the metal detectors it was handed back to us to take with us to our cabin.

Disney used to allow you to bring liquor but I believe they may have changed.

Its hard for me to consider Disney as "mass market". :) Their pricing and very limited number of ships put them out of that market IMHO. Im about 100% positive they did changed their policy last year though.

Edited by ryano

Its hard for me to consider Disney as "mass market". :) Their pricing and very limited number of ships put them out of that market IMHO. Im about 100% positive they did changed their policy last year though.

Well, the food was on par with the finest Ponderosa I've ever seen. I did enjoy the stage shows but they were no better than the shows we see downtown at the hockey arena. The pool was the size of a tea cup and There was a water slide. It was a bit more expensive, but I've heard many on here talk about higher tabs on other lines. I'd say it was a mass market line.

They may have changed there policy, I honestly haven't checked, I don't plan to ever use them again, I've been there before.

Edited by Sitzmark