Carnival Parking Lot shuttle and tipping question

elsplace2

This will be our 10th cruise, but we have never used the parking lots offered by the cruise line, seeing we always flew into every port. This time the port is only about 30 minutes away (Norfolk, VA) and we will be just parking our car there.

My question is, Carnival is offering free shuttles to the ship from the parking lot, do we tip the shuttle driver and then when we get to the port, tip the baggage person who takes the bags off? Or does the shuttle driver just take care of our bags and we just tip him/her?

Edited by elsplace2

This will be our 10th cruise, but we have never used the parking lots offered by the cruise line, seeing we always flew into every port. This time the port is only about 30 minutes away (Norfolk, VA) and we will be just parking our car there.

My question is, Carnival is offering free shuttles to the ship from the parking lot, do we tip the shuttle driver and then when we get to the port, tip the baggage person who takes the bags off? Or does the shuttle driver just take care of our bags and we just tip him/her?

I've driven twice... in NYC you park right there at the port on the pier, so there is no shuttle. In Baltimore, there was a shuttle, and we tipped him and then also the porter. It left me kind of miffed knowing just how expensive parking is, but when their hands are out that's not the time to start the debate.