RCCL Alaskan Cruise Tour

TeeBuccs

My husband and I have booked our first Alaskan cruise for late May 2006. We are both very excited as we have always wanted to see and experience the great Alaskan wilderness. I am looking for anyone who has specific information on unique or great shore excursions that we should be sure not to miss.

We are sailing on the Radiance - ports of call include: Juneau, Skagway, Sitka, Icy Strait Point, and Seward. We then have a land tour for trips to Anchorage, (2 nights) Denali and flying out of Fairbanks. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if there is time to see anything at Seward? Or do you just get on the RCCL tram to head in-land towards Anchorage and Denali?

My main goal is to see as many critters as possible, particularly bears. I know this could cost a pretty penny - but it would be worth it. Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

You have no time in Seward. And my opinion only, it is not to be missed, with the top attraction here a Kenai Fjords boat tour, WAY WAY superior in close up glacier viewing and varied wildlife to anything you see from your cruise ship. Frankly with your wildlife priority this is a must do. I would only suggest you look at other tour options so to include this. Also your included Denali Park tour is not the farthest in you can go, which equals to longer is better in Denali Park. :) Check out my photos if you care to. http://community.webshots.com/user/budgetqueen

If you are staying 2 nights in Anchorage you could always take the train back to Seward for the day and take the wilderness tour. That's what we did. It was a long day (train left Anchorage around 6am and got back around 10pm) but the scenery was so beautiful and we couldn't fit it in any other way. I, for one, am glad we did it, and would do it the same way again if we had to, but DH likely would vote against it. The result? We would do it anyway, and I'd just have to put up with his whining :D

Archived