Paul Reynolds is back!

TPAtravelfan

I have it on excellent authority that Paul Reynolds is returning to Regent after a successful stint at Viking Ocean Cruises where he launched the brand standard for onboard entertainment (one show I believe got a Tony nomination) and was the launch Cruise Director for the Viking Star.

Paul will be joining the Seven Seas Mariner on January 4, 2017 in Miami as Cruise Director and sail South American itineraries through March 29th. Much of the time he'll be teamed up with Massimo Arzani, the ever-excellent Hotel Director, so passengers are in for a very happy ship!

If you've never sailed with Paul, who hails from London, you'll come to enjoy his pleasant demeanor, subtle humor and excellent piano skills. I recall a previous thread where Paul was named to the Regent All-star Dream Team which also includes (now retired) Captian John McNeil and Hotel Director Franck Galzy.

Paul loves traveling the world and I'm sure he is thrilled to be heading back to sea with the many familiar faces he'll encounter on Regent Seven Seas Cruises. I look forward to sailing with him again!

Did anyone confirm this with Paul before announcing this in public?

What if his friends and family don't know....

Good point! I was upset when his "vacation" from Regent was announced prior to Paul telling his friends and family. Just checked Facebook and it was not mentioned. Not to pat myself on the back but I predicted this when he left Regent. Now he will be back with the A-team (Paul & Franck -- used to include Capt. McNeill). They work so well together and the crew love them!

Did anyone confirm this with Paul before announcing this in public?

What if his friends and family don't know....

Yes, It is public and his close friends and family know he is coming out of "Retirement." Paul has never been a member of cruise critic and thus no post here.

This is great news for Regent as he is very talented and experienced in working with the entertainers, especially now that Regent is totally changing over the production company. They are very lucky to get him back.

J 595/40

This is wonderful news about Paul. I remember another great Regent team in 2008: Paul Reynolds, John McNeill and Giuseppe. They worked well together on the first Discovery Collection on Navigator.

Hi Beth,

That was my best voyage ever. Too bad the Capt. McNeill and GM Giuseppe have moved on. Great that Paul is back.

Regards,

j