I-drive 360 orlando adventure

Staceyface1

Has anyone ever done this Carnival excursion? Thinking about it when we return on the Valor in March. We will have the day to do something as our flight isn't until 8:00pm that night. Is it worth the price? Do they pick you up at the port in PC and drop you off at or close to MCO?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Its a great excursion! They pick you up right at the port and take you over. The reason why I liked this excursion is because it was very different from anything I had done before and I have been to Orlando many times being raised there. There are almost no lines, everything is inside and you don't have to worry about weather. All of the attractions are in the same building, The Eye is great and you can see the entire city from there. The aquarium is really cool and even has a 360 degree tunnel (yes, the floor is even glass). Madame Tussauds Wax museum is great for everyone because you can take photos, dress up and take photos next to a lot of celebrities (They look JUST like the real people). Outside there is tons of shopping, dining and other attraction options so you get to do what you want... you get just over 4 1/2 at the site. I recommend this for EVERYONE... young... old... families... people looking for quite... people looking for drinks... people who want to go at their own pace. It really does cater to all!

I just checked that... Lets say you have 4 people in your group which is almost best case scenario for price point... it is $120 each way for an Uber/ Lyft (thats assuming its not surged because of everyone trying to get rides from the ship). Then Its $174.64 for four 3-attraction tickets... That is a total of $414.64 (the ship is $99pp) and that is BEST case scenario.

Then you have to worry about being cramped in an Uber all the way to the port and/ or maybe the driver cancels or takes a wrong turn and runs you late.

With the tour through the ship you get a local guide, brand new tour bus (they put on a movie for us to watch), don't have to worry about tickets (less stress) as the guide gives them to you, you get a discount card that has coupons and discounts to local shops and restaurants. But most of all you get piece of mind that if something happens to or from on that 45 minute drive that your ship won't leave you because you booked through them.

I don't always book through the ship for excursions but in the case of Port Canaveral where "Orlando" is 45 min away its always good to have the piece of mind... plus it doesn't look like you would save any money by trying to go out and do it on your own.

Edited by drumexpert510

How many people are in your group? I don't think I would do $99 a person for this. The aquarium is nice but small. I haven't done the eye or wax museums but I just couldn't swallow that this day trip would cost $400 for a family of four. Not worth it. Plus food is rather expensive in the area because it's very touristy. Just my two cents. I live a few hours from Orlando and visit regularly. When are you going on this cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The above poster did that research on my suggestion of Uber and discount tickets, which is awesome. $99 a person is quite expensive regardless. If they could tack the Titanic museum which is right down the road from this, that might make it worth it. That is really a fantastic exhibit - done it twice and still enjoy it.

Well obviously if you live right near Orlando it might not be worth it to you but for others who havent ever been to Orlando or only have done the "main" theme parks this would be a great option. You think $400 for a day trip for 4 is expensive... try almost $800 to send 4 people to Disney for a couple of hours... thats crazy. All the attractions there are nice because everything is brand new! There are no lines, shopping and fun to be had for the whole family on an affordable budget. Yeah food might be expensive there but thats why they give you a discount card if you book through the ship. If I remember correctly, some of the discounts were like BOGO drinks at Senor Frogs, 20% off ENTIRE CHECK (including drinks) at a couple places, discounts at Ripleys, the Skeleton Museum and they just added a 7D Dark ride that you get for ext to nothing...

Bottom line is I have been on a lot of cruises and a lot of excursions and this one is a win win in my book.

I give it 5 STARS ***** !