Anthem of the Seas pool steps - use caution

cat5dog1

Use caution when using the steps leading to the outdoor pool on the Anthem of the Seas. We just got back Thursday and on Wednesday my granddaughter cut her heel very badly. She was going down the steps and scraped the front side of the step. In looking closer at the steps we found that the wood is covered in plastic. This plastic is coming off on the edge of the steps and is very sharp.

The crew was semi-helpful. Someone came right over and got a wheelchair to take her to medical. Someone else got a mop and cleaned up all the blood. We wrapped her foot in one of the beach towels which they ended up throwing away due to all the blood. I was reassured that I would not be charged for the towel. So far I haven't been charged for the medical visit either.

Medical was off duty and someone made sure they came in to tend to my granddaughter. They ended up gluing it together and holding it with butterflies. It is hard to describe her wound but it was at an angle, pretty deep and covered her entire heel. It has since opened back up and is infected.

She was brought back to the cabin in a wheelchair but that is where the kindness ends. We tried to get a wheelchair for her to use this last day since she couldn't walk on her foot. There were no wheelchairs available. Guess they keep some on hand for emergencies?? My daughter ended up carrying her on her back.

I went to Guest Services and they again said that there were no wheelchairs available. They asked if she needed assistance getting off the ship. Guess that didn't matter as the ship was empty and no one was available to take her off the ship. Again my daughter carried her on her back.

My daughter emailed Royal Caribbean about the experience but no one has gotten back to her.

Use caution when using the steps leading to the outdoor pool on the Anthem of the Seas. We just got back Thursday and on Wednesday my granddaughter cut her heel very badly. She was going down the steps and scraped the front side of the step. In looking closer at the steps we found that the wood is covered in plastic. This plastic is coming off on the edge of the steps and is very sharp.

The crew was semi-helpful. Someone came right over and got a wheelchair to take her to medical. Someone else got a mop and cleaned up all the blood. We wrapped her foot in one of the beach towels which they ended up throwing away due to all the blood. I was reassured that I would not be charged for the towel. So far I haven't been charged for the medical visit either.

Medical was off duty and someone made sure they came in to tend to my granddaughter. They ended up gluing it together and holding it with butterflies. It is hard to describe her wound but it was at an angle, pretty deep and covered her entire heel. It has since opened back up and is infected.

She was brought back to the cabin in a wheelchair but that is where the kindness ends. We tried to get a wheelchair for her to use this last day since she couldn't walk on her foot. There were no wheelchairs available. Guess they keep some on hand for emergencies?? My daughter ended up carrying her on her back.

I went to Guest Services and they again said that there were no wheelchairs available. They asked if she needed assistance getting off the ship. Guess that didn't matter as the ship was empty and no one was available to take her off the ship. Again my daughter carried her on her back.

My daughter emailed Royal Caribbean about the experience but no one has gotten back to her.

Be patient. My granddaughter got sick on Anthem in August. I also wrote a letter regarding health issues regarding an allergy my granddaughter has. It took them 6 weeks to respond.