Flying into Orlando for Miami departure

claven

I have to strongly disagree with the opinions on this. We fly into Tampa and Orlando all the time as the cost savings is typically hundreds of dollars per person. Most of the time we go one way into Tampa or Orlando and hopefully out of Miami IF airfare is within a hundred dollars per person each way. Flying into Miami runs over $300 per person each way. I could go to Europe for less than that. We have seven people going this upcoming trip. You can find cheap one way car rental in Florida pretty easily particularly for one day. I would estimate (each way) about 250 miles of gas, about $15 in tolls plus $3.95 a day for rental toll fee with some car companies only charging for the day you use their system. This is almost always significantly cheaper than flying into Miami. We drop the car at MIA and take the rental car shuttle to the port. What makes it all even more worth it is spending time at the theme parks in Orlando before the trip.

Your statements invite scepticism. Please advise from where it is that you can fly to Europe for less than $300 - while it would cost more than that to fly to Miami.

Your statements invite scepticism. Please advise from where it is that you can fly to Europe for less than $300 - while it would cost more than that to fly to Miami.

You need to spend more time on kayak.com.

Denver to MCO x 3, versus Denver to Miami. Oneway Hertz rental was $70 (no oneway fees allowed in Florida), overnight hotel in Orlando was cheaper than Miami. October (Halloween) cruise for the above.

IcelandAir runs out of Boston and links to JetBlue; round trip economy tickets to CPH $471, early June to mid-June return, Denver to CPH. Next June's Getaway cruise for us.

I have more examples, if you would like them. The trip in my signature has an MCO component I am using for better flight departure times.

Edited by LadyShiva

From Seattle. That's one-way. I have consistently seen under $600 roundtrip for Europe for many many dates. Probably cheaper everywhere else.

FLL non-stop is now $680 one-way for the Sunday night and $424 the next day.

I would have to save a lot of money to consider adding a 6+ hour round trip drive and the hassle of getting a rental and driving myself. Maybe I'm spoiled since Chicago to South Florida has plentiful options. I don't even like flying into Fort Lauderdale when a cruise leaves from Miami or vice versa :eek:

As I've said before, Chicago/Detroit is the departure location. The other thing is this is spring break time. The data I have is from kayak.... and as you already know the original data your given on kayak is NOT the real price. Obviously leaving super early and a late take off are much cheaper and non stop flights.

Thanks for all the input, it's quite helpful.

What time is realistic to be driving away from miami on disembarking day?

D

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app