Cant decide flight time leaving Miami what would you do?

ncarolina111

I have never gone out of MIA. However, anytime we dock in Galveston. It takes us until 830-9 to get to our car that is parked across the street with priority debarkation. I don't think I would chance it unless they would put you on standby for next flight. Some airlines are so picky now that they will charge you no matter what.

Flying miami to Rdu. I cannot find my reservation on aa to change it to earlier time. I got email with confirmation last night with record locator info. But when I log in do not see it and had something come up which prevented me from calling so guess I will be on 330 flight which is ok

Call them. You have until midnight tonight to change with no penalty.

Edited by firemanbobswife

looks like more than half people would take chance on 9:30 flight for the 400.00 difference in price. Still so confused Hours ticking gotta decide soon. Thanks for input just dont know yet.

I forgot to add in my post that we had a 1230 flight back one time from Miami and when Carnival dropped us off the line was literally 2 blocks long, 6 rows deep. Had I not approached and advised of my handicapped mother, where we were promptly moved to the front of the line with a wheelchair secured, we would not have made our flight.

Did you look at staying the night and enjoying the day in Miami? You could fly back early the next morning possibly very cheap. A rental car and hotel would be less than $400.

I forgot to add in my post that we had a 1230 flight back one time from Miami and when Carnival dropped us off the line was literally 2 blocks long, 6 rows deep. Had I not approached and advised of my handicapped mother, where we were promptly moved to the front of the line with a wheelchair secured, we would not have made our flight.

Did you look at staying the night and enjoying the day in Miami? You could fly back early the next morning possibly very cheap. A rental car and hotel would be less than $400.

Sounds like every time we went out of FLL. I absolutely despise that airport. Issue after issue after issue.

The thing about those later flights is that so many people do them because of being afraid of missing early flights and things. At the times I go, the lines really haven't had a chance to back up yet so it's smooth sailing.

Leaving Miami and return flight options: Flight is with AA. leave 9:30am or leave 3:26pm. There is a $400 difference in price for 2 people. I booked the 3:26 and have 24 hours to change or cancel and that particular flight is almost full. We do self assist just not sure it is worth missing flight and if I chose earlier flight I know the next flight is already full and would have to wait till night to possibly catch next flight. But dang 400 difference ugh.

We have made a 927 but if anything goes wrong you won't make it.

Many things could go wrong. Last year on a noon return flight from Miami we were stopped at railway crossing waiting for a freight train to pass. Taxi driver decided to take a detour only to find out there was no exit. Added another 20 minutes to our travel to Miami airport but we made our flight. I was getting nervous though.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Forums mobile app

Many things could go wrong. Last year on a noon return flight from Miami we were stopped at railway crossing waiting for a freight train to pass. Taxi driver decided to take a detour only to find out there was no exit. Added another 20 minutes to our travel to Miami airport but we made our flight. I was getting nervous though.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Forums mobile app

Anything can happen for a flight at any time. Had you left earlier knowing you had an earlier flight, you wouldn't have run into the train. Just another perspective. If you are well prepared and willing to take a small amount of risk, then the rewards can be substantial (like $400 worth in this case). And if you used Uber instead of a taxi, they go by GPS and would have been able to see that the alternate route was a bad idea thus avoiding it.

I would only do it on the way home as home will still be there when I get back. The ship won't! I don't fly in day of on purpose because I don't trust the airlines to be on time.

Edited by firemanbobswife

When was this?

I've flown out of Miami countless times over the last few years and I've never spent more than 5 - 10 minutes to get through security - LITERALLY.

The only time it's been long is on a major international flight - and even then it was 20 minutes. This person is flying domestically.