Moving reservation to TA

amby6063

I feel like I've seen posts about moving reservations to a travel agent if they're offering perks - does anyone know how late this can be done? I booked directly through RCI, but see that if I had gone through a TA I could have obc or the gratuities covered... Am I imagining that an existing reservation can be moved? :) I'm past final payment date, so I'm thinking I'm probably out of luck though.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I feel like I've seen posts about moving reservations to a travel agent if they're offering perks - does anyone know how late this can be done? I booked directly through RCI, but see that if I had gone through a TA I could have obc or the gratuities covered... Am I imagining that an existing reservation can be moved? :) I'm past final payment date, so I'm thinking I'm probably out of luck though.

Thanks in advance!

Nothing personal against travel agents, BUT, we never use them because we like the TOTAL control one has with their booking, with out them.. The "perks" simply aren't worth it.. Anything they can do, so can I. Found that out the hard way..

I would much rather control my own reservation, I have found if I watch the website I am able to ( from time to time ) get upgrades or refunds all by myself. You can't do that once you sign up with a TA, by the time they check it out for you it is usually gone.

I like being able to control my own reservation too, but because I booked it through their call centre, I'm not really able to change anything anyways. It's like using a TA, but just without the same perks. :( granted they're open 24/7 for changes I guess.

Nothing personal against travel agents, BUT, we never use them because we like the TOTAL control one has with their booking, with out them.. The "perks" simply aren't worth it.. Anything they can do, so can I. Found that out the hard way..

Perks aren't worth it?

We get our gratuities paid for which is $380 for our 2 cabins.

Plus OBC which have ranged from $25 - $200.

And yes we have "complete control" over our booking.

But better because I just tell the TA what I need and then they sit on the phone and deal with RC.......

Thanks in advance!

Any transfer has to be done within 60 days of booking AND BEFORE final payment...so yes...you are to late this time...

I have booked with a TA and have gotten a few perks but I have decided after this last cruise that I have booked I will book my own.. I have had approx. 7 price drops and have had nothing but trouble getting the price lowered. I now will handle my own reservation and forget the TA's She acts like its a real inconvenience and I do all the work anyway.

I have done this many times. Make the reservation yourself and get it set up the way you want it. Then just fill out the transfer form RCI will email you and send back to them. You will need info. regarding the TA you are transferring it to. The rep today when booking our next cruise onboard (we are on a cruise) confirmed I have 60 days to transfer to TA after booking.

You should be able to get some onboard credit at the very least. Just call a few TAs that have been recommended to you, tell them what cruise and cabin and $$ paid, and ask what they can do for you. I have a TA and depending on the expense, I have received as much as $400 in onboard credit.

Make sure you also use cruise fish to stay on top of price drops. Make sure your TA understands you need quick reaction if there is a drop and you call them. That is the only downside when transferring, you cannot call RCI directly after transfer.

Sent from my KFTHWA using Tapatalk HD

Our first cruise I booked through a TA.

Then I discovered that booking through RCI was better

Then I discovered that booking through RCI and transferring was even better

I ask the TA what they can do for me to sweeten the deal and if (as usual) it is good enough I transfer.

I always get a some OBC and a cheaper price doing this and the TA now offers their own price protection as well.

But I think it depends on which country you live in as the RCI conditions are different.

Edited by lucymorgan

Ah shoot. Sounds like I was out of luck from the beginning. We booked 53 days out so it was full payment right away. We did get a gift, (free robes) but I would have preferred obc or gratuities. Live and learn! Thanks for the info guys!