On MSC Divina now - things I didn't expect

lovelights

We had the same experience. I got the impression there weren't many tippers so those of us who did tip were treated very well.

100 percent right.. God we're treated like gold.. Even for a $5 tip.. Here in Jupiter they'd be insulted.. Lol

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Starting in the summer of 2017 if you stay in the yacht club you can get free drinks thoughout the ship.Also on the new ships the yacht club resturant is up front in the yacht club

Sent from my SM-G928T using Forums mobile app

That is great news for the YC getting drinks elsewhere. Is this for only the Divina or the fleet? Do you know if they announced it on their website? I am sailing YC on Meraviglia in Nov 2017.

My list for the YC is very similar to yours lovelights.

I didn't have a list for the YC. Matter of fact, this was my first cruise on MSC and I don't know anything about the YC. I think it was Max49 that you're referring to.

Edited by lovelights

I was on the same cruise. Our boarding docs said our check-in was for 2:00pm.

Mine said the same thing, but we couldn't control what time we got there, for we took a charter bus. Usually the bus doesn't get you into Miami until about 12:30pm, but for some reason, they moved the schedule up on the buses and we had to be at the bus stop before 6:45am.

I didn't have a list for the YC. Matter of fact, this was my first cruise on MSC and I don't know anything about the YC. I think it was Max49 that you're referring to.

Yes it was in response to Max49... it probably was one of my late night responses..... hahaha. At least you realized it for Max49.[emoji13]

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app

Hi Lovelights, thanks for your review. Takes me back to my two weeks on the Divina a couple of years ago. I also had a bad experience on the free trolley in San Juan. Took twenty minutes to go two blocks so we got off and walked. We loved the Divina and are booked in the Yacht Club on the Seaside in January of 2018. Can't wait. Bob

Hi Lovelights, thanks for your review. Takes me back to my two weeks on the Divina a couple of years ago. I also had a bad experience on the free trolley in San Juan. Took twenty minutes to go two blocks so we got off and walked. We loved the Divina and are booked in the Yacht Club on the Seaside in January of 2018. Can't wait. Bob

We want our next cruise to be on Seaside, but I'm waiting to know for sure when the new private island will be open. I don't think you can book 2 years out anyways. Since Seaside is taking over Divina's old itinerary, I guess this time we'll pick the western itinerary and hopefully they'll be swapping out Nassau for their own private island.

We want our next cruise to be on Seaside, but I'm waiting to know for sure when the new private island will be open. I don't think you can book 2 years out anyways. Since Seaside is taking over Divina's old itinerary, I guess this time we'll pick the western itinerary and hopefully they'll be swapping out Nassau for their own private island.
I am sorry that I won't be visiting Ocean Cay in January 2018 but I expect that we will probably book a future cruise for the following Winter and do expect it to be open by then. It's now scheduled for October 2018, but we'll see. I hear time moves slower in the Bahamas. Edited by CTBob

I decided to buy the 3D Cruise Ship puzzle when I was on Divina, and it came out way better than I ever expected it to.

When we first seen this puzzle finished, my husband and I were looking through the Logo Store window on the ship, because the store hadn't opened yet, since we were docked in Miami for so long. So, here we are peeking through the windows and door, and I spotted this large cruise ship model (at least that's what I thought it was at the time).

I asked my husband if he could see the price on it, but it was to far away to see the price, so I took a photo of it through the glass. My husband said "I think it's $132.00". I said "Well, I won't be buying it then."

Later that night, while in our stateroom, I downloaded all the photos I had taken that day, onto my laptop. When I pulled up the photos of the ships that I took through the window at the Logo Store, I looked at my husband and said "OMG. It's only $11.90. It's a 3D puzzle!!!!"

So, I bought it and brought it home, and put it together the other day. It has 85 pieces, and it's about 20 inches long, and it took me 3 hours to complete. I have it displayed in my craft room. However, I found a piece (#36) that I can't find where it goes, and I already threw the box away. (It's a narrow piece, about 1 in. long, and appears to have little windows on it) So, if anyone can tell me where #36 goes, I'd greatly appreciate it. LOL Here's a few photos of it.

30804328155_e9750db318_z.jpgModel1 by Debbie G, on Flickr

30172850724_5c9e128698_z.jpgModel2 by Debbie G, on Flickr

30172850644_bbbd3b879a_z.jpgModel3 by Debbie G, on Flickr

We're booked for February 2018 and of course the island won't be ready for us, but we were mostly booking to be on a new ship...while it's really new! ;)

We're booked for February 2018 and of course the island won't be ready for us, but we were mostly booking to be on a new ship...while it's really new! ;)

I can't wait to see the reviews when Seaside comes to Miami. I think we're going to book for November, in hopes they have the new island ready by then. We have to wait though, for booking to become available.

Save