Canadians doing an Australia and New Zealand Cruise

We are looking at doing a back to back Austrailia and New Zealand cruise in 2019 with Princess. We have an upcoming cruise booked in Dec and are wondering if we should purchase FCC. I see on the bottom of the future cruise credit forms it asks what currency you would like to purchase in. Being that Aussie dollar is better exchange rate then the U.S. currency is with Canada, I am confused as to how to book this as my onboard acct on this upcoming cruise is set to US funds. Any advice or suggestions from fellow Canadians who have done "Down Under" cruises?

I was looking at the form that you fill out to purchase your FCC and it appears on the bottom that you can choose what currency you wish to purchase in. So even if I booked with a US travel agent and my onboard acct is in US funds, I hope I am able to purchase my FCC in Canadian funds with a Canadian credit card.

I'm glad this subject came up, just sitting here I realised that the FCC form I filled out ready for our cruise on next Sunday, I'd forgotten to nominate the currency.

Done now, thanks all.

Edited by Russell21