Victory Question

lele100

I am going on the Victory on Nov 11th for a 3 day cruise. I was looking at some reviews here on Cruise Critic (Review section) and all of them seem to be from Port Canaveral, there are none from Miami. Is this ship new to Miami? I also looked at cruises before mine and none are listed either in PC or Miami (they could be sold out until Nov 11th) but that seems weird. Any info? Thanks

I did not look to see if she is scheduled for a dry dock - that will sometimes cause ships to go off the radar. But no, she is not new to Miami. I sailed her from Miami Jan. 2014. It was a 4 day to Key West and Cozumel. It was a HUGE party cruise - and the only time I have had to call security to get the hall party removed to an appropriate location at 11:30 pm. Hubby and I were on a romantic get-away, and some people are just downright rude - you don't pile your stools into the hall and act like it's a Saturday afternoon BBQ. That same cruise had another night where our neighbor ended a fight with his girlfriend by proposing on the balcony and with security outside their door, which was propped open, when we woke in the morning.

That said, we had a FANTASTIC cruise, loved the ship and the L shaped balcony and the crew was great as always.

Happy Sailing!

It was actually this week a year ago that I was on the Victory, on a 5 day cruise out of Miami. It went to Grand Turk and Amber Cove. It went from a Monday to a Saturday debarkation. I enjoyed the cruise very much. Liked the ship. It does not have the bells and whistles of the Conquest class and newer ships, but was more than adequate for my needs and a 5 day cruise. Also there is no steakhouse. The atrium is very green, and the decor is colorful, but I do like the old colorful decors of the older ships. Not sure if it has American Table now or not, last year was the old menu, but the food was good, and the crew was exceptional, no matter where you dealt with them. That was a year ago and will be a different crew now probably.

As far as crew goes, in 8 Carnival cruises, this is the one thing that remains consistent. Friendly, helpful crew everywhere. Ship was clean and well maintained. I had a port hole room, and it was fine. I understand though that there is ongoing upgrading going on to staterooms on board, so they are getting upgraded gradually, ie; flat screen tv,s. My room had a flat screen. Victory does not have Guy's burger or Blue Iguana though if that is important. I did not miss those, even though I like them.

I would certainly sail that ship again happily.

Edited by SMSACE6