Penthouse Suite vs. Haven Suite Question

vacationmommy

This is our 1st time on NCL we have done many other cruises on other lines the way NCL has their suites/haven set up is a bit confusing to me. We have booked two forward penthouse suites category SE on the Jewel for the Mexican Riviera cruise on March 5th, it looks like we almost all the same amenities as the Haven, outside of the private Haven area. I looked into changing to the Haven however the cost is an extra $4,100.00 per stateroom and I am not sure if it is worth the additional $8,200.00 cost simply to have the Haven area this price seems a bit much to me.

My question is what are the differences in amenities between the Haven and the Penthouse besides having the Haven pool area? Also, I understand there is a upsell possibly closer to sailing if the rooms are still open that can be as low as $500.00 extra per person, how far out can this be it is a few weeks or a few months before sailing that the option can possibly become available?

Thank you for any help you can provide

This is our 1st time on NCL we have done many other cruises on other lines the way NCL has their suites/haven set up is a bit confusing to me. We have booked two forward penthouse suites category SE on the Jewel for the Mexican Riviera cruise on March 5th, it looks like we almost all the same amenities as the Haven, outside of the private Haven area. I looked into changing to the Haven however the cost is an extra $4,100.00 per stateroom and I am not sure if it is worth the additional $8,200.00 cost simply to have the Haven area this price seems a bit much to me.

My question is what are the differences in amenities between the Haven and the Penthouse besides having the Haven pool area? Also, I understand there is a upsell possibly closer to sailing if the rooms are still open that can be as low as $500.00 extra per person, how far out can this be it is a few weeks or a few months before sailing that the option can possibly become available?

Thank you for any help you can provide

You get all the same perks except you don't have the private pool/courtyard. You have breakfast and lunch in specialty restaurant, butler, concierge, free room service, free in room movies, free in suite dining (free if food is from mdr, if from specialty restaurant it will be the cost of a specialty meal). You embark in the same waiting room as Haven and you have private disembarking (with other suite people)

The previous responses pretty much cover it. Unless you feel the need to have a pool that is limited to use by a very small number of passengers, there's no reason to spend the extra money. I sailed in a forward penthouse on the Jade (same ship class as the Jewel) several years ago when the Haven was called the Courtyard. There was a reception for suite passengers in the Courtyard. It was quite nice, but considering I had a very nice large room with a large balcony on the front of the ship to escape to and typically only get in the pool for a minute to cool off, I didn't see the value in being in a private part of the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the answers everyone, glad to see it was in line with what I had been reading showed also that outside the Haven area there was not much difference I will stick with what we have.

I think that's a smart decision for the price you mentioned.

Also, please keep in mind that when people talk about a "pool" in the Haven courtyard on the Jewel class ships, it's a tiny narrow little thing, not anything like a real swimming pool.