Behind the scenes tour?

sandkps

Does anyone know if you get to see the brig? I was on a cruise many years ago and one of the crew members mentioned that they had to detain a passenger until the police could take him into custody.

Did not get to see the brig on the Breeze BTS tour 2015.

As far as I know the tour is always held on the last sea-day of the voyage.

Cost is $95 for ships with a steakhouse, and less (still $55?) on ships without....or at least that's how it's broken down for me in the past. (It was $55 on Imagination and on Victory, and $95 the four times I've done it on Conquest-class ships.)

The less-expensive tour is normally shorter -- although it wasn't on Imagination -- and has fewer perks and fewer "included" photos.

On the last tour I did 3 weeks ago on Conquest, we got a group photo on the front of the ship by the ship's bell ("Your Titanic moment"), a group photo with the Captain on the bridge, and individual photos with the Captain on the bridge.

Does anyone know if you get to see the brig? I was on a cruise many years ago and one of the crew members mentioned that they had to detain a passenger until the police could take him into custody.

I've never gotten to see inside the brig, but we've walked past it and the morgue. On Conquest-class ships they are located forward in the crew area, side-by-side.

We got to see the door to the brig but were not allowed to look inside.

We went in the brig in the Glory. Unfortunately at the time we arrived there was a rescue at sea and the captain ordered us not to enter. When the tour was over the called the room and invited us back up. Also gave us a plate of chocolate covered strawberries for the hassle. It was so nice of them! We thanked the captain for allowing us to visit and got our picture taken with hiAnd yes, $95 on the last sea day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Staceyface1

I've never gotten to see inside the brig, but we've walked past it and the morgue. On Conquest-class ships they are located forward in the crew area, side-by-side.

Same on Splendor. The guide just said "there's the brig and there's the morgue". Didn't look inside, though none of us asked. Maybe they would open the doors if asked. OTOH, maybe by the last sea day the brig is occupied.

We did it this summer on the breeze. It was 95 pp and minimum age 8. Sorry but I think 8 is a good age to get lot if I go but I am sure they have a reason for the minimum. We booked it as soon as we boarded at the shore excursion deck and they usually do only 1 tour. They did 2 when we did it , one behind the other. It was 9 am on the last sea day and very well worth the time and money. Our group of 6 enjoyed it and our whole group was very interactive and asked lots of questions. We signed up as soon as we dropped off our bags and got our tickets a few days later. No refunds and whole group has to stay with the guide the whole time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When/where do you sign up for this? Is it before you board or after? Excursions desk? Checkin? Really looking forward to this.

We are on the Dream over Christmas...in less than 50 days!

You'd book it at the Shore Excursions desk after boarding; it cannot be reserved in advance or online

I wouldn't wait too long before going to ShoreEx because it often sells out -- there appears to be a 16-person maximum per tour, which I think is a bit too many. I'd rather it be limited to 10 participants so everyone has a chance to hear the presenters (Chef de Cuisine, Engineering Officer, etc.) in loud areas.

You'd book it at the Shore Excursions desk after boarding; it cannot be reserved in advance or online

I wouldn't wait too long before going to ShoreEx because it often sells out.

I agree with this. We boarded the Ecstacy directly into the atrium and made a beeline for the Shore Excursion desk to get our names on the list!

I agree with this. We boarded the Ecstacy directly into the atrium and made a beeline for the Shore Excursion desk to get our names on the list!

I normally make the same beeline to ShoreEx to reserve a good cabana or villa location at HMC and to book the Behind the Fun tour. Three weeks ago on Conquest we found out just before boarding that our HMC visit had been cancelled (yet again), so I decided to actually skip the line at ShoreEx and relax after boarding for the first time in years. :)

I went there a few hours later and 10 slots for BtF had been taken but it wasn't sold out yet...but it did eventually sell out and AFAIK, no additional tour was added for our sailing.