Dig out your expired Freestyle Cruise Rewards

hawkeyetlse

The promo is back!

Expired Cruise Rewards

Cruise Rewards that have expired can be applied to a booking or transferred to someone else; this is a limited time offer valid for sailings 6 days or longer booked before December 31st, 2016 and recipients can sail anytime in the future.

See www.ncl.com/cruisenext for more details.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

When I booked my cruise 3 weeks ago, I tried to use an expired cruise reward, which they would not accept. Just called NCL - agent didn't believe me at first. She asked where I heard about it and told her it was a link through Cruise Critic. Her response was "you can't believe everything you read..." Until I directed her to the info on the NCL site. The Cruisenext Department is only open week-days, so I'll be calling on a Monday - will keep you posted.

Yeah, I suspect this is something you have to call the CruiseNext office about first, so they can confirm and reinstate your expired credit. Then hopefully you can call the reservations line, or book on-line, or contact your TA.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

We just booked, our Cruise Next expires 5 days before our next cruise. Our agent said she had to get in reinstated. However we are now booked, didn't know about a promo, but we didn't think NCL would deny 2 bookings for a matter of 5 days out of date.

Just called NCL cruisenext agent re: expired certificate. I had to direct her to where to find promo info on the website, and then she informed me that the program had not started yet (to use expired certificates). I said that made no sense, why would it be there if it wasn't valid yet - she said they jumped the gun in posting it, but that all those with expired cerificates would receive an email with info and a new certificate attached. She did say that she thought I'd be able to apply it to the cruise I booked 3 weeks ago, but I'll believe that when/if it actually happens.

Thanks for posting this! I don't have any expired certificates but I did purchase four certificates on my cruise last month. Instead of checking myself, I took the word of someone on the cruise that you could apply two FCCs to any booking over 5 or 6 days. I have two cruises book for next year and was going to apply a second certificate to each. Well, when I got home I read the the promo and you had to sail before I was sailing. But, because you posted this, I looked again, and now you can apply two FCCs to sailings in Europe as along as you sail before the end of next year! Yay! So, that takes care of one of them since I have an Epic Western Med cruise next Sept. :)

Thanks for posting this! I don't have any expired certificates but I did purchase four certificates on my cruise last month. Instead of checking myself, I took the word of someone on the cruise that you could apply two FCCs to any booking over 5 or 6 days. I have two cruises book for next year and was going to apply a second certificate to each. Well, when I got home I read the the promo and you had to sail before I was sailing. But, because you posted this, I looked again, and now you can apply two FCCs to sailings in Europe as along as you sail before the end of next year! Yay! So, that takes care of one of them since I have an Epic Western Med cruise next Sept. :)

I also had my TA apply a second FCC to both of my Europe sailings, one being a Transatlantic crossing booked a long time ago!

I agree, thanks to the OP for posting:)