Wanted: A review of the excursion " A cultural Evening in Saigon

martiny

We are taking the March, 2017 cruise from Singapore to Hong Kong on the Sojourn and would like your spin or review of the shore excursion " A Cultural Evening in Saigon". The name of the Vietnamese Restaurant used for the dinner, a description of the "local specialties" served and the types of alcoholic beverages served , and cost of the drinks would be helpful. Of course, any thing else you can add about the Majestic Hotel and it's roof top terrace will be useful. Regards Martin

We have done this and it was jolly expensive.We had pre dinner drinks at the Rex which were included and also a 20 minute show. We thought that we would have rather a sumptuous meal ( going with the evening details) but this was not to be. When we arrived back at the ship we had room service as both very hungry!

As Henry posted you could do this at half the price as other passengers did.

We have found that SB tours etc are expensive and we often now organise our own.

Kind regards,

Tony

Apologies in advance but the title of the post cracked me up. My last (of many) "cultural evenings in Saigon" was in the early 70s and my priorities were probably somewhat different than the OP's. One thing that apparently hasn't changed is the expense.

I better shut up now before SWMBO sees this and starts asking questions for which there are no correct answers.

If you're looking for a private tour company in Vietnam, we recommend Smile Tours for excursions in Vietnam. We had 5 days there about 6 years ago and used them.

We were very very satisfied with with Smile Tours. Clean vans, fresh bottled water, prompt pick-up and return, safe drivers (with nerves of steel I will add!), and knowledgeable, fluent English speaking guides.

Returning to the original question, we took the tour and enjoyed it. The food was fine, in a decent restuarant, but the main reason for doing the tour was the music and dance (I was travelling with someone who trained as a dancer). If you are into those particular creative arts, it is worth doing - and it was an opportunity to taste some good vietnamese cooking. However, the tour to visit to the artist's village the following day really was excellent.