Which freestyle perks are the best value to you?

sharona211

Thanks all for the input, very helpful.

@travelerblue I'm not sure how the group thing works. My aunt is the one who initiated the group booking through one of the NCL agents when she realized that there was a lot of interest. I believe that instead of someone getting the free passenger credit, the plan is to have that amount split among the cabins as an on board credit. The second perk is the waiving of the service charge for those who choose the beverage or dining options. Not sure if there were other options. Maybe call and see if they can change you to a group booking? Some of our group booked online on their own and then had to be moved into the group after so it can be done.

Thanks so much for this information. I am going to email our PCC and if I don't hear from her, I will try to contact the group reservations people and see what they can do for us.

I recently read at NCL's website that you had to have at least 7 cabins and 14 people. We have 8 cabins and around 20 people now. I have lost count.

I contacted my NCL rep and he told me 8 or more. I did find exactly what you said on the website. We have 6 cabins and 11 people so I won't complain at this point. Thanks for answering my question!

So we are officially becoming a group on our May cruise. We have 8 cabins but one of them has chosen to use the 3rd/4th free so they aren't included. You only need 7 cabins and 14 people. I thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. The perks of a group are so worthwhile. We are so excited for all that we are going to save! Our PCC told me she couldn't wait for me to return her call. She was so excited to go over all the perks and options. Woot woot!! :D

So we are officially becoming a group on our May cruise. We have 8 cabins but one of them has chosen to use the 3rd/4th free so they aren't included. You only need 7 cabins and 14 people. I thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. The perks of a group are so worthwhile. We are so excited for all that we are going to save! Our PCC told me she couldn't wait for me to return her call. She was so excited to go over all the perks and options. Woot woot!! :D

Awesome!!! Glad it worked out for you.

This is us as well. We don't drink alcohol and only drink about one diet beverage a day. I also don't need to access the Internet. We chose the dining package and the 3rd person free perk since our daughter will be traveling with us in May.

Gratuities and 3rd free would be a better value, maybe less fun for you?

Gratuities are $95pp for a 7 Day cruise, Dining is $81pp for 3 meal package

3rd free will depend on the cruise, but I saved $300 for a week, you still pay the taxes, but you'd do that even without the perk.

Thanks all for the input, very helpful.

@Two Wheels Only the 3rd and 4th free was not available on our sailing date or we would have definitely gone with 4 in a bigger cabin with my mom and nephew. Since its not all that much cheaper to share when you're paying for all passengers, we split 2x2.

Just an fyi...3rd/4th free is an option on our cruise and my son and his family are using it. But it is not an amenity option in the group booking so that cabin can't be part of the group.