Using SDP in MDR for Upcharge Items?

marelind

Question: Are you able to use the SDP in the MDR for an upcharge item like surf n' turf?

Background: We did a B2B on the Jewel. So in 14 days we had the 6 SDP plus four Platinum Le Bistro dinners both weeks. By the end of the second week we had had enough of the specialty restaurants and didn't use all the SDP dinners. Once home, DH asked if we could have used the SDP for an upcharge item. Has anyone done that?

We had SDP on Getaway last year. On our 2nd visit to Cagney's Steakhouse, I mentioned that I wish they had a surf and turf. Waiter said no problem and brought me an 18 ounce boneless ribeye and a lobster tail. Steak in the MDR cannot compare with Cagney's. It pays to ask; it was the best meal that I have eaten on a cruise and we cruise about twice each year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The MDR had an upcharge item on the menu each night. Didn't order it, so I don't remember what they were. One of our group had the SDP and used it for the upcharge item in lieu of dining at a specialty restaurant. He did this on two separate nights.