One Of The "flight" Questions I Hate...

tjatczak

It seems that I always have hated when someone asks this question, and now here I am having to ask it...

Doing the Diamond 'coastal' next September. We will fly 'home' from LAX -

will we make a 12:30pm flight?

It will be a Saturday, if that makes any difference....

Thanks for your help,

Ted

You should be able to make a 12:30 flight, but be sure to get a color tag that gets you off the ship on the first call. The trip from San Pedro to LAX is about a half an hour depending upon the traffic. Of course coming off a cruise on a saturday or sunday should mean lighter traffic, but with those freeways in the LA area you never can tell. ;)

Ted:

we came back on a sunday and had a 12:30 flight. We were given red luggage tags and were the 3rd group off the ship. We made it to LAX by 10:30am and that was with really slow customs at the pier.

You should be fine!

Have a great trip

Nancy

Dan, We have a 12:35 flight and the last time we flew out of LA after a cruise we actually had time to cool our heels in the airport. We just went to the reception desk and gave them our flight time and we could disembark early. We even had time for breakfast before leaving for the airport:)

If everything goes ok you will be fine BUT our Sept 23 cruise concluded in San Pedro and it was a fiasco. There were three ships in port at the same time, we couldn't get into our berth and the customs/immigration people couldn't get on the ship until late so we were very delayed in getting off the ship. The port area was congested -- trying to get our bags in the crowded terminal building was almost impossible. Fortunately we could carry our own bags because the line for porters stretched the entire length of the building. The transfer buses that were supposed to provided by Princess to the airport and post-cruise hotels were not at the port. There was an unbelievable traffic jam to get into the port area. We finally got on an airport bus that had been chartered by a private group and went to the airport where we got on another shuttle that took us to our post-cruise hotel. FYI--our bus from the port because of all the delays in getting off the ship and getting luggage did not arrive at the airport until 1:00 and we weren't the last people to leave the port area!

We had problems disenbarking Summit 9/30 in LA. Ship arrived on time at 7.00am but so did three others. Port was like a zoo. Traffic grid locked. Delays in disembarking and two hour delays in getting a taxi. Luckily we did not have a flight until late that night but many cruisers missed their midday flights. Appears that people that booked ships transportation did fair a little better.

It seems that I always have hated when someone asks this question, and now here I am having to ask it...

Doing the Diamond 'coastal' next September. We will fly 'home' from LAX -

will we make a 12:30pm flight?

It will be a Saturday, if that makes any difference....

Thanks for your help,

Ted

Ted,

WOW! With these stories, I'm thinking seriously about staying over until Sunday! I have a friend in the LA area, so maybe I can catch up with him.

Archived