Just Off Of Majesty Of The Seas With New Voom Internet

tm3750

We had the VOOM package on the Majesty this past weekend and it was fabulous. A real game changer for my wife and I. We are both self employed and need to keep up with clients by email and text. The email, texting and speed of it was unreal, we were even able to make phone calls using the WI FI connection.

Would someone on the Majesty type in the following address.

http://www.iplocation.net

and look at the ISP. If it says Harris Caprock then you have high orbit garbage and Gloom service. If it says O3b, then you actually have VOOM.

I'm currently on the Liberty with Harris Caprock garbage and though I'm paying for streaming, I can't stream anything. Ping rates >1000 ms. Really sucks!

Edited by serialcruiser48

Would someone on the Majesty type in the following address.

www.iplocation.net

and look at the ISP. If it says Harris Caprock then you have high orbit garbage and Gloom service. If it says O3b, then you actually have VOOM.

I'm currently on the Liberty with Harris Caprock garbage and though I'm paying for streaming, I can't stream anything. Ping rates >1000 ms. Really sucks!

It was O3b for us on Majesty earlier this year.

When we were on MJ over Memorial Day, they were promoting FREE Internet. At that time we couldn't stay on for more than a few minutes and ping rates were out of site. When did they change? A new upgraded service??

Edited by troykahack

We had the VOOM package on the Majesty this past weekend and it was fabulous. A real game changer...

We were on Oasis last year and loved VOOM. Completely agree that it was a game changer. Though I can disconnect from work for a week, we have elderly parents with whom we need to stay connected and my DH runs a business and needs to be in contact with his employees/customers. VOOM allowed us to FaceTime/Skype, but more importantly make internet phone calls without skipping a beat. It was amazing how the confidence in connectivity allowed my DH to relax and enjoy himself.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by SuzD123

When we were on MJ over Memorial Day, they were promoting FREE Internet. At that time we couldn't stay on for more than a few minutes and ping rates were out of site. When did they change? A new upgraded service??

We were on MJ this past June and the performance was excellent. Ping times were in the 200ms range.

We were on MJ this past June and the performance was excellent. Ping times were in the 200ms range.

Is VOOM on all the time?? I ask this because I wonder if it is on in Ports? We were in Port at PC when we tried to hook up. After that we turned our devices off and put in the safe.

Is VOOM on all the time?? I ask this because I wonder if it is on in Ports? We were in Port at PC when we tried to hook up. After that we turned our devices off and put in the safe.

It was on all the time for us.

We were on Oasis last year and loved VOOM. Completely agree that it was a game changer. Though I can disconnect from work for a week, we have elderly parents with whom we need to stay connected and my DH runs a business and needs to be in contact with his employees/customers. VOOM allowed us to FaceTime/Skype, but more importantly make internet phone calls without skipping a beat. It was amazing how the confidence in connectivity allowed my DH to relax and enjoy himself.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just got off the Oasis yesterday, and were very pleased with the Voom Stream and Surf package.

We're on the Empress in a few weeks, and am hoping to get similar results, but haven't been able to find out. Keeping our fingers crossed at this point.

Go Saints!