Miami hotel with park and cruise

CELTICGIRLCRUISER

I know this has been asked in the past, a trillion times probably but I am looking for something up to date.

I am looking for a Miami hotel with park and sail offers, we have stayed in a few hotels in Miami on vacation so know it reasonably well but we need a park and sail with shuttle to the port, they don't seem to shuttle you back for some reason so don't want to be too far from the port and have to spend $$$$$ on a cab to get back to the hotel to get our car.

I have found some places on line all circa $200-250 so I am OK with that, but wondered if anyone had a recent recommendation please?

When do you cruise? The under $100 room in August can go for $250-300+ in Feb.

Miami hotels charge guests $25-30+/day for parking. Only a few budget places near the MIA airport offer cruise parking deals - La Quinta East and Springhill Suites are often suggested on this board. Better hotels (Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, etc.) in a better area near the airport are in the Blue Lagoon neighborhood. None includes a shuttle back after your cruise - figure on spending $27-30+tip for a cab.

Have you considered using two one-way car rentals and not having to worry about parking your car?

When do you cruise? The under $100 room in August can go for $250-300+ in Feb.

Miami hotels charge guests $25-30+/day for parking. Only a few budget places near the MIA airport offer cruise parking deals - La Quinta East and Springhill Suites are often suggested on this board. Better hotels (Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, etc.) in a better area near the airport are in the Blue Lagoon neighborhood. None includes a shuttle back after your cruise - figure on spending $27-30+tip for a cab.

Have you considered using two one-way car rentals and not having to worry about parking your car?

Thanks JohninDC.

We did indeed consider two one way rentals but to be honest most of the hotels offering cruise and sail are roughly the same price with or without parking and this is the same price as some of the hotels in and around Bayshore that I looked at just for a one night stay minus the $30 parking fee of course.

The logistics of picking up the hire car was problematic too without boring you with all the details. Plus we have a LOT of luggage and a big town car style vehicle at home so although we seriously considered the rentals and only dismissed it last night we decided against it.

What our, OK my whole dilemma was is we only live circa 4 hours from the port but I just don't want to take the chance on the day as we have spent a fortune on the cruise and I would be devastated if anything held us up and we missed it, over cautious I know. I just decided as we had spent so much what was another couple of hundred bucks to help us start the vacation relaxed and board early on the day of sailing rather than be stuck on the turnpike wondering if we shall make it.

So as I sit here tonight, I have actually looked at all those hotels you suggested and I am now leaning towards the Hilton Garden Inn, circa $200 before tax, incl 14 days parking, free shuttle and looks like $15 PP back from other research I have done online. Plus it's not too far from the port. Downside it may be noisy but I can live with that.

I would think long and hard before I left my car anywhere in Miami for a week that wasn't at the port.

Don't leave anything in your car of any value.

It's 16 days so parking at the port is way too much IMO.

Although not foolproof by any means I would be willing to risk a hotel car park where we can park it ourselves somewhere conspicuous and of course we won't leave anything of value in the car.

It's 16 days so parking at the port is way too much IMO.

Although not foolproof by any means I would be willing to risk a hotel car park where we can park it ourselves somewhere conspicuous and of course we won't leave anything of value in the car.

Yes, that is a lot of money. Make sure that wherever you park you do not have to leave your keys.

I know this has been asked in the past, a trillion times probably but I am looking for something up to date.

I am looking for a Miami hotel with park and sail offers, we have stayed in a few hotels in Miami on vacation so know it reasonably well but we need a park and sail with shuttle to the port, they don't seem to shuttle you back for some reason so don't want to be too far from the port and have to spend $$$$$ on a cab to get back to the hotel to get our car.

I have found some places on line all circa $200-250 so I am OK with that, but wondered if anyone had a recent recommendation please?

Hello how are you? If you come across anything hotel wise could you please post. I will be driving from NC down to Miami in September of 2017 and I would like to get a cruise package myself. I did this same thing this past December 2015 leaving from port Canaveral. I had a thought of doing everything separately. Meaning maybe booking through price-line for my room for a night. I found a cheaper parking rate than the port of Miami at a company by the name of safe cruise parking. I just have to check and see if they are legit. If I come across anything else I will let you know. Please do the same if you do also please.

I found a cheaper parking rate than the port of Miami at a company by the name of safe cruise parking. I just have to check and see if they are legit. If I come across anything else I will let you know. Please do the same if you do also please.

If you search this board for "safe cruise parking" you will find a mix of positive reviews and horror stories of vandalized cars, no show shuttles, lost reservations/deposits, etc. :eek: Be very careful.

IMHO you would be better staying cheap off of I95 north of Miami (look around West Palm) and then driving to POM and parking at the port.

It's your car - do you feel lucky? :confused:

Thanks for replying John! I have a ways to go before my cruise so I will be doing some extensive research. That's a good thought also maybe staying a little outside of Miami and going about it that way. All I'm looking for is something cheap, clean, and in a decent area.

Hello how are you? If you come across anything hotel wise could you please post. I will be driving from NC down to Miami in September of 2017 and I would like to get a cruise package myself. I did this same thing this past December 2015 leaving from port Canaveral. I had a thought of doing everything separately. Meaning maybe booking through price-line for my room for a night. I found a cheaper parking rate than the port of Miami at a company by the name of safe cruise parking. I just have to check and see if they are legit. If I come across anything else I will let you know. Please do the same if you do also please.

Once I am sorted with something we like and we have stayed in Miami pre cruise, I will report back, its not for a wee while yet but it's good to read current reports.

I have been to Miami many times, from 2 week vacations, long weekends, over-nighters etc and touch wood never had any problems or horror stories whatsoever and we were out after dark.....gasp:D

Ok please do that. You're right crime knows no address. Every major city, small city, and town has its problem areas. I'm going to do my research and make the best possible decision for my family and myself. I'm just trying to save some green to a reasonable degree where I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums