Tourist Village

moonbeam_1

Question -

Does anyone know if non-cruise people can go into Tourist Village in Belize? We have some friends that live in Belize that we'd like to meet for drinks at The Wet Lizard (instead of trying to find a place in a unfamiliar country;we'll have 8 in our group on the ship). I'd prefer to make it as stress-free as possible (hence my thinking of just meeting in the Tourist Village). :D

Everybody going into the terminal has to go through security. I saw a local going through when I went through, but don't know if he worked at the terminal or had to sign in. There are restaurants right outside the terminal and they won't be crowded like the Wet Lizard.

A couple of nearby places outside the cruise port.

Smokey Mermaid, in the Great House on Cork Street across from the Radisson. Turn right out of the gate/entrance and walk around toward and then past the lighthouse. Cork Street will be on your left and the Great house less than a block up the street.

http://smokymermaid.com/

Bird's Isle. Turn left out of the gates/entrance and walk about 3-4 blocks to the "swing bridge" on your left. Cross the bridge and keep left down the other side of the inlet along Albert street toward the water. It's at 90 Albert, as I recall. There are reviews on TA.

finally, a short taxi ride away is Admiral Bay up near the colorful Belize sign and the rum distillery. They have a FB page you can look up. Great spot on the ocean, excellent seafood and local cuisine and not crowded with cruisers.