Cheers for the first time. What are must tries?

DH has decided to get Cheers just so we will have no worry about budget on our cruise. I am not a big drinker but I haven't tried much. I don't like the strong taste of alcohol or beer. I do like fruity or sweet drinks. I'm going to make it worth my while by trying some new things. I'm interesting in frozen drinks, martinis & wine, I know. But no idea where to start. What are your faves?

Does Triumph have Alchemy? If so, the Basil Drop Martini. yum.

Off the regular menu, if you like cranberry juice, a Cosmo martini is delish. And if you like Jolly Rancher candies, the Appletini tastes just like that bright green candy. :) A frozen goodie is the Miami Vice, half pina colada and half strawberry daiquiri. If you like the sweet and fruity, any of the frozen ones would be good.

Edited by cruisin*tigger

Does Triumph have Alchemy? If so, the Basil Drop Martini. yum.

Off the regular menu, if you like cranberry juice, a Cosmo martini is delish. And if you like Jolly Rancher candies, the Appletini tastes just like that bright green candy. :) A frozen goodie is the Miami Vice, half pina colada and half strawberry daiquiri. If you like the sweet and fruity, any of the frozen ones would be good.

Yes it does. Basil drop is good. spicy chipotle pineapple martini was my fav. The cucumber sunrise was good. a lot of good drinks on that alchemy menu.

Edited by Saint Greg

DH has decided to get Cheers just so we will have no worry about budget on our cruise. I am not a big drinker but I haven't tried much. I don't like the strong taste of alcohol or beer. I do like fruity or sweet drinks. I'm going to make it worth my while by trying some new things. I'm interesting in frozen drinks, martinis & wine, I know. But no idea where to start. What are your faves?

Chocolate lover? Tiramisu Martini - makes a great nightcap/dessert. :D

French Kiss - Alchemy Bar, if one on the ship. Champagne and Chambord +. Refreshing! :)

Deal Closer - again, Alchemy Bar. And yes, it closes. :p

Carnival Cosmo!

On Cheers? Just try what sounds good. That is the best part.

But seriously, Tiramisu Martini. ;)

I would try to get flagged every day by reaching the 15 drink limit. (hiccup)

LOL, I kid, I kid. It only happened the first day. :D

Try some nice wines with dinner, different martinis, anything your heart desires! If you don't like the drink, leave it and go on to the next one! I love Cape Codders (vodka and cranberry).

Edited by Can'tWait2SetSail

If you don't like a strong alcohol taste, try a Kiss on the Lips. I also love the Pineapple Chipotle martini. A really good wine if, again, you want a milder flavor, is a nice Moscato. I have also been known to enjoy the Mocha Chocolate Getaway. Have a Great cruise!!

If you like fruity drinks, they make a half daiquiri and half pina colada that is good. For wines, try moscatos. There are plenty of fruity punches - go to the rum bar and tell them the flavors you like and they can make the recommendations.

In the martini bar, the best thing to do is tell them that you like fruity, sweet and without a strong alcohol taste. They have made me a strawberry one (not on menu) that was outstanding, and they have a couple of very sweet ones on the menu...but many are not...so make sure you ask the bartenders. If you like cucumber, that one is very refreshing. But again, the best thing is to tell them what you like and let them craft you a drink. My last cruise on Sunshine Bojan used me as a guinea pig for a gin one with cucumber, lavender, vanilla and lemon. It was excellent and I had him make it more times than I can count.

Lots of great suggestions here. I've only done Cheers once, but I got my money's worth at Alchemy!!! Looooove that place. Best bar menu!! If you happen to sail on the Magic, I also found a great, very simple, drink at the Red Frog Pub. I may not have the name 100% right, but it was a "Vodka Ting". Top shelf vodka (bc you're on Cheers!) with a Jamaican grapefruit drink called "Ting". I loved it so much, I've even looked around a bit to see if I could get Ting here in the states. It's refreshing...which comes in handy on about day 3 when you've had your fill of sweet/frozen drinks!

Enjoy!

Many good suggestions. My favorite part about Cheers is you can try whatever you want. If you like it great, if you don't, then that's ok. You don't have to drink it. Simple put it down, wait a few minutes and move on to your next choice. At dinner pare your wine with what you order. They can help you.

Enjoy yourself and have FUN

Lots of great suggestions here. I've only done Cheers once, but I got my money's worth at Alchemy!!! Looooove that place. Best bar menu!! If you happen to sail on the Magic, I also found a great, very simple, drink at the Red Frog Pub. I may not have the name 100% right, but it was a "Vodka Ting". Top shelf vodka (bc you're on Cheers!) with a Jamaican grapefruit drink called "Ting". I loved it so much, I've even looked around a bit to see if I could get Ting here in the states. It's refreshing...which comes in handy on about day 3 when you've had your fill of sweet/frozen drinks!

Enjoy!

She is so right this bar is allsome I had something with a cucumber...but during the day I would get the Miami vice half strawberry daiquiri half piñata coloda with the top shelf Bacardi 8 (about 6-7)a day if you don't like something by time you walk the ship your 5minuites are up ... enjoy it I think it's well worth it