Can 5yo sit with us at Ocean Blue but not pay upcharge?

Jezo

By eating with us I mean sitting at the table. He wont eat anything there and we would be able to bring him a sandwich or something. Or is there a kids menu that we would need to pay the $17 upcharge for?

We have three people in our room but only the first two got the Free at Sea promotion, so us two have the 6 meal dining included but his account would have nothing.

Hello if I'm not mistaken children can order off a different menu than what's at the speciality dining restaurant. Please call NCL to be sure. I called about this same question three weeks ago however my memory is foggy. I can't remember if I spoke with NCL or Carnival about it at the time. I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

By eating with us I mean sitting at the table. He wont eat anything there and we would be able to bring him a sandwich or something. Or is there a kids menu that we would need to pay the $17 upcharge for?

We have three people in our room but only the first two got the Free at Sea promotion, so us two have the 6 meal dining included but his account would have nothing.

Your son can eat free off the complimentary kids menu. Not as fancy as ocean blue.

Unless it changed, Ocean Blue is not part of the dining package. There is an extra charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The SDP includes some venues at no extra charge, and some with upcharge, like Ocean Blue. So it IS included in the SDP. The only place excluded that I am aware of is Food Republic, where you cannot use it at all, even with an upcharge.

The upcharge only applies to people eating there while using an SDP credit. So unless your 5 year old has the SDP and is intending to use one of his SDP credits there, he could not be charged an upcharge. Otherwise, Ocean Blue is an a la carte restaurant, where you would pay for whatever individual items he orders from the menu since he has no SDP. If he eats nothing from the Ocean Blue menu, he will be charged nothing. Or if he orders from the ship's regular kids menu available in all venues, he will be charged nothing.

Edited by LrgPizza