Review of Oct 16 B2B on Summit - Part II

jode

During our three sea days we checked out the various shops on board. They were having a "special" $10 sale in one shop and had the items roped off and were very particular about not letting you near them until a certain time, blah blah. When they did remove the ropes it was a shopping frenzy (like the old Filene's Basement Dress Sale !) which on relfection was pretty silly because the same items were available at the same $10 every day for the next two weeks! They did have a buy 4 get 1 free promo and people had stacks of items.

They also had the usual watch promotions - hubby did buy two Citizen watches - I am not into watches but he assured me they were a good value and a little different than what you may find locally. And I believed him so much I got some jewelry for myself! One day they had a promo in the less expensive jewelry store (not sure of the name) and I got two pendants (sterling silver larimar stone with a silver starfish and chain and a flip flop pendant with Australian Opal). I also got earrings to match the Australian Opal pendant and each piece was marked $140 (high) but rang up at $40 each (good value I thought).

We had the Classic drink package the first week (as a perk). It was our first time with a drink package and must admit we loved it! Never had a problem getting what we wanted using our level of package. Hubby had Chevas Regal at night - included in package - and his drink was more like a tripple each time. I liked a Southern Comfort Manhattan - also included. We would sit at the Martini bar before dinner and it was like a "drink and a show" as one of the bartenders was very entertaining preparing drinks with all sorts of twists and flips of the drink. Lots of fun to sit there pre dinner. During the day we had the usual pool drinks - again never a problem using our basic package to get whatever we wanted and the bartender at the station we frequented had a nice heavy hand topping off the drink with a swirl of rum, etc. We are probably spoiled forever with having a drink package!

Pool areas was very nice - both outside pool and inside - plenty of chairs and on this cruise more chairs than chair "hogs" it seemed. Music by the outdoor pool was ok - limited live music as I guess is the norm now. They had some pool games - officers vs guests volley ball in the pool which was fun to watch.

Dinner again at 7pm at our fav table. We had a nice routine with dinner this way until Thursday of the first week. We always made a reservation for the following 2 nights as we left the dinning room. But Thursday when we arrived they said that the people before us at the table were lingering and there would be a slight wait - fine, no problem. Well the slight wait turned into 40 min (not the staff's fault - just slow eaters I guess) so at 7:45 we told them we would take any table for two that was available. We were sat at a table right in the middle of the dinning room and it was really three "tables for two" in a row and was truly like a table for six due to the closeness of the tables. It was very very loud there and very hot. We met some lovely people on one side of us and it made for a nicer dinner than it would have been. Unfortunately since the six of us were in a row it was hard to include the other couple in the far table. After that experience we decided to switch to early set dining for the second week. We were able to get that with no problem and had a nice table one removed from the window which given our late decision to change our dining preference was a very nice spot.

Thursday we arrived in St. Maartan. We tried the poached egg station (forgot to mention that earlier in my first post). This was a great place to get various types of poached eggs. They had regular Eggs Benny, Mexican poached (spread of avocado on english muffin, egg and salsa) Med poached (orociutto I think then egg and diced tomatoe on top) and a hash based poached egg. Nice choices !

I have not heard that the classic package would work at the Martini Bar, at least not recently. Must be something new or a one-off?

It works if you order just mixed drinks or wine. If you try to order a martini in a smaller size they will send you to another bar.

Summit is my favorite Celebrity ship. Thanks for taking time to review.

(Is there a reason why there are 3 different threads for this trip??)

I was trying to write a comphrehensive reivew and felt that one posting would be too long and decided to break it out better with one specifically for ports.

If I have time I will do a final wrap with the good/bad/ugly of our b2b experience.

It works if you order just mixed drinks or wine. If you try to order a martini in a smaller size they will send you to another bar.

I was on the summit repo and had the classic package I was able to get. Small Appletini and cosmos at the martini bar.

I was on the summit repo and had the classic package I was able to get. Small Appletini and cosmos at the martini bar.

Maybe it depends on the bartender. In March a couple of guys tried to order one & the bartender said they needed to upgrade or go to another bar for the smaller version.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Maybe it depends on the bartender. In March a couple of guys tried to order one & the bartender said they needed to upgrade or go to another bar for the smaller version.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It probably does depend. The bartender tried to say I had to upgrade and I told him that it was ,y understanding I could get the three smaller ones with the classic he again said I should upgrade and I said I don't want to but would like smaller Appletini. He made it for me and did so each time I sat down. They should be consistent IMO and it shouldn't be an argument. My husband is not an arguer and he was told he couldn't get a dos Equis with his classic package because it was only on the standard package! He just said oh ok instead of arguing that what is on standard is also on classic. We also were charged for three drinks in rendezvous and for a beer for him. When he questioned it with guest services they said we ordered drinks outside of our package. He just paid for them. My point is we didn't sign for anything so we should,not be charged but he just doesn't like to argue and make a fuss. Next sailing I will go to guest services lol.

Thanks for your review! We were on the second part of your cruise and had a fantastic time despite the incredible heat and humidity. It was so bad, even the locals were really complaining. Still, it made for some beautiful sunset shots and the seas were so calm, it was incredible.

Had to laugh at the people I heard as we disembarked saying the "ship was really moving last night" and "I got sea sick" and "I feel like I'm still moving"! :D We were on the very aft of the ship and should've felt it more than most and it was nothing. I often wonder how those people would fair in real waves!

Edited by DrivesLikeMario