Tahiti November Weather???

DANofNORTH

We have booked our anniversary cruise for next November (2007), our only concern is the weather that time of the year.

Has anyone been on a November cruise and how was it, not to rainy or rough we hope?

Neither of us has ever been sick (been through rough seas) and this will be our 3rd cruise.

I was on the STAR PRINCESS cruise from Long Beach to Sydney in November 2003. November is the "official" rainy season in that part of the world. We had some rain, heavy at times, but nothing that would ruin a trip. But, remember, your own mileage may vary; what happens one year may not occur the next. Don't let it bother you, or ruin your trip. And have a great cruise!

Was on the Tahitian Princess Marquesas itinerary last November. From what I had read on these boards prior to my trip (and what I saw on the Bridge cam) it seemed to have rained quite a bit. I can tell you that it rained only one day, and it was a sea day, during our trip. We had to miss one port due to high winds causing seas to become too rough for the tenders.

It was sunny, quite warm and humid. It was perfect! It might have been atypical weather, but my thought is bad weather in Tahiti means you're still in Tahiti. So, how bad can it be?

Ken

Hi there - came over because I miss the princess board. Our 2nd leg of 2004's B2B cruise ont eh TP ended in Nov. We did have a fair amount of over cast adn some days with heavy rain - but I can't say it ruined our good time :)

The Marquesa Itenerary was where we suffered the most "bad" weather. There was an upside to it though! - we didn't get sunburned!

You can at least check the daily weather this November.

Our group cruise website has a link to the Tahitian Princess bridge cam and a link to the current weather: Tahitian Princess Cruise. Scan down to just under the picture of the Tahitian Princess. The link is for Papeete weather but you can then select and view other places.

I'm glad this post was started! I'm looking at doing a B2B on the TP in 2007, and am looking for weather information. I spent a week in Fiji in January one year, and it was their rainy season (but still had 5 good days of sun!). Our summer is their winter in the SH. I know I'd be paying a premium to go during our summer months (their winter dry months). Has anyone been there during our summer? IJ'd also really appriciate any feedback! TIA.

We did a land stay in Rarotonga in 2003, last week of November through the first week of December. There was light rain when we arrived, and it was beautiful sunny weather the rest of the time we were there. (They did say they were having a drought!) We did a Tahiti cruise in late October/early November in 2000 and again had great weather the entire cruise. We are on the TP on the 11-30 sailing this month, so we'll let you know how it goes when we return.

Kathy

Thanks;

Our cruise on TP is actually Nov 2006, just a little over a year away.

It sounds like the weather may not be a problem, but we were just wondering.

If everyone had said rain, rain & more rain there is still time to reconsider.:D

Archived