Park and Stay Baltimore

wendyatpml

Are you just coming down for the cruise, or do you want to visit Baltimore as well?

If you're just driving down from Philadelphia for the night, I'd look in the White Marsh area, about 10-15 miles north of the pier. If memory serves, there's a Fairfield Inn, a Hilton Garden Inn, and a Hampton Inn (and probably others) in the area. You may have to call to check on stay, park, cruise packages, depending on what's listed on their web pages.

More complicated if you want to stay in Baltimore proper...

Could you give me some recommendations please.

I would consider driving down and parking at the port since you are driving down from Philly. The cost would be about the same and the advantage to me would be you wouldn't have to worry about shuttle. You would park your car right next to ship, and when cruise is over hop in your car and your home in about an hour or so.

Parking at the port is $15 a night.

I would consider driving down and parking at the port since you are driving down from Philly. The cost would be about the same and the advantage to me would be you wouldn't have to worry about shuttle. You would park your car right next to ship, and when cruise is over hop in your car and your home in about an hour or so.

Parking at the port is $15 a night.

I was actually thinking the same thing. If the OP just wants to get down early, you can probably get a better rate without the parking and shuttle, and then just take off when you get back.

We just wanted an option is the weather was bad. If it's good we'll just drive down. It's about 2 hours from where we live.

Always good to have plan B.

If you need to drive down the White Marsh area is your best bet.

I stayed at the Best Western on O'Donnel St. with a park and cruise package. Parking, shuttle, and breakfast are included.

Sue

I have a reservation there but heard it is not in a good area. How were the rooms? This is only plan B if the weather is bad.

I have a reservation there but heard it is not in a good area. How were the rooms? This is only plan B if the weather is bad.

Your right the area is not good. Across the street is a truck stop and a place people wait for the independent buses to board.

On the hotel property is various trucking businesses.

There is low income housing close by with police cameras mounted on the street poles.

I guess the one good thing is if you need a policeman there will be plenty near by as they are always on call there.

The rooms were good. I could see the Pride pull into the port in the morning from my window.

Yes, you can see public housing, and a truck stop. It was not a problem in any way.

The shuttle is a Mercedes and very clean and comfortable.

I left my car there for 21 days and it wasn't bothered.

Sue