Forgive My Ignorance ....

curtdesilets

Forgive My Ignorance... but what is the limit for bringing wine aboard for personal consumption at embarkation?

Also, (and more importantly) if we do wine tasting at a port on an O excursion (e.g. Ensenada Wine Tour on day 2 of 10 for Sirena) and buy a bottle or two, can we consume on board or do they confiscate that bottle until you disembark? We do not intend to buy a case, just a couple of bottles.

All cruise lines have a different policy on this.

Thanks in advance. - Curt.

PS. The wine in the the valley just NE of Ensenada is exceptionally good and super affordable. I know not many people will know this, but you have no idea! We bought a reserve several years ago and to date, it is the best wine I have ever had.

The Official line is 3 bottles but they rarely enforce the policy

People have been known to take a case or 2

You can drink in your cabin or pay the corkage to take a bottle to the dining venues

You can bring wine on at the ports as well

We brought on 5 bottles of wine and no one checked any of our carry-ons, which had the wine bottles in it.

We live in OC, and will need to check out the wines you mentioned. Any specific wineries you would suggest? :)

Edited by nyfeds

The first--and last--time my husband and I were in Ensenada and took the ship's winery excursion we found the local wine undrinkable. We did bring back several bottles for friends as a joke. We all had a laugh--save your money and palate. Buy some fairly well-made "designer" knock-offs in town but don't expect them to last. You can also buy prescription meds at very cheap prices but we did not.

Edited by Winner
punctuation

On this years world cruise 1 couple brought on 8 cases in Capetown. The ship crew helped them up get them on the ship and stored 7 cases and brought a case to their cabin as they needed another. They brought a bottle to dinner each night and paid the fee.

The first--and last--time my husband and I were in Ensenada and took the ship's winery excursion we found the local wine undrinkable. We did bring back several bottles for friends as a joke. We all had a laugh--save your money and palate. Buy some fairly well-made "designer" knock-offs in town but don't expect them to last. You can also buy prescription meds at very cheap prices but we did not.

The French multinationals bought out many of the Mexican wineries and they export all over the world. You may have gone to the gringo winery by mistake.

Here is the good stuff: http://cettowines.com/ensenada-cava-wineries/ensenada-wine-winery-cellars.html

BTW: http://cettowines.com/ensenada-cava-wineries/ensenada-wine-winery-awards.html

Edited by curtdesilets
Emphasis