At&t cell service

Irishgrl73

Be sure to turn off the cellular service once you leave the dock. I then turn on the wifi separately to connect to iConcierge or to the internet (with purchased minutes). Once I get to a US port I then turn on my cellular service and when I get AT&T showing I know I am on their cellular system.

Be sure to turn off the cellular service once you leave the dock. I then turn on the wifi separately to connect to iConcierge or to the internet (with purchased minutes). Once I get to a US port I then turn on my cellular service and when I get AT&T showing I know I am on their cellular system.

I have been on the Breakaway twice and have AT&T and I agree, pay attention to the notification on your phone. I found on the Breakaway I quickly lost service but strangely when on carnival cruises I had service depending on where on ship I was for a much longer period of time. Cant explain why, not that tech savvy.

But at&t won't give roaming charges when your that far away? I was going to call them to find out.

Roaming charges kick in once you connect to someone else's phone network. For both New York and Miami, it about 2 miles off shore (30 min after you cross under the bridge in NY and leave the harbor in Miami). Remember, you're in a big metal box. You and your phone need to physically see land of you want a signal.

At that point the ship turns on its cell tower and your phone, if roaming is not disabled, will connect. The familiar ATT will be replaced with the ship's carrier.

You are charged your phone company's international roaming rates. NOT a ship dictated satellite rate. For att, international roaming on the ship or on land is $2.50 per minute. $0.50 for every sent text message.