Cost of photo 'reprints'

Poohb

We will be on Oasis soon. Our group is 16 people, mostly new to cruising. I am hoping we can get a group photo on the first formal night. DH & I are D+ so we will get a photo for free. Then I'd would try to order 7 more 'reprints' of the same photo for all the other couples. Does anyone think this would be a problem and does anyone know what the cost of the reprints would be? TIA

We will be on Oasis soon. Our group is 16 people, mostly new to cruising. I am hoping we can get a group photo on the first formal night. DH & I are D+ so we will get a photo for free. Then I'd would try to order 7 more 'reprints' of the same photo for all the other couples. Does anyone think this would be a problem and does anyone know what the cost of the reprints would be? TIA

Try and get RCI to give you a release to reprint the picture/pictures. I did this with Princess and Celebrity with no problem. If the ship doesn't you'll have to talk to RCI direct or your TA to get the release.

What I have is get your copy. Then at home just have it reprinted locally.

Info from RCCL website about copyright release:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=337&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Extras&faqId=268

link directly to page to print off release: (click on the 'image photo')

https://support.ourcruisephotos.com/support/solutions/articles/193656-copyright-release-form

Since hubby and I are diamond members, we always get a couple of pics on the ship. They're usually 8x10, but we prefer to display 4x6 or 5x7 photos so we scan them and order reprints from Walgreens. This allows us to send copies to hubby's mom as well.

Edited by soccermommie

Reprints are $29, I have yet to have them offer a quantity discount. They will sell you as many reprints as you would like. Make sure you order them as soon as possible, since it will probably take 12-24 hours.

Not all photographers will take photos of a group that large. Ask where a large group photo can be taken.

Also don't forget you each get a free photo. Use both cards.

I'm not sure whether Royal offers the same thing, but on our Celebrity cruises we were able to purchase a package that gave us all the high-definition digital images on a photo disk and we could make as many prints as we wanted back home. As long as someone from the cabin with the package is in the picture, that image was on the disk, no matter who else was in it. This might be an option that would give you a number of group pictures or pictures of subsets of your group (as long as you are in them).

We were a large family group on Oasis and wanted some group photos on formal night. They just told us to be first in line at the stairs. We were able to get a few group photos of the entire family, just the cousins, etc., and each family just ordered pictures on their own.

Buy the picture, go home and scan it. Then upload it to CVS and have it printed. There are no watermarks on the photo to prevent you making copies. Otherwise you can order 7 copies of the photo on the ship. Or have each couple scan their seapass card and all the photos will be in each couple's folio. then each couple/person can purchase the photo