NCL Breakaway in February 2018 on Carribean cruise departing from New York

claire1973

Hi, We're travelling from the UK for the Carribean cruise departing New York in February 2018. We've never been to New York and very excited about this overnight stay. Any ideas which hotels NCL usually use as we wondered if we'd been in the heart of New York (so that we can see things) or in the middle of nowhere?

Thanks

Not sure if I understand, NCL will be arranging your overnight stay? If this is the case I don't know what hotels they use. If you are choosing your own, then stay in Times square. Lots to choose from, we stay at the Marriott Marquis. It's a quick 5 min cab ride to the port. In warmer months others will just walk it. You really need to stay in the middle of the action if just an overnite. Enjoy, the Big Apple has so much to offer!

I guess you are saying that Ncl is arranging for a hotel for you? Plus a transfer from JFK to that hotel?

Ok but you certainly don't need them to do that for you unless it's just the way you want it or you are part of some uk based package

You will save plenty of money by taking a taxi or prearranged driver from the airport to NYC and booking any number of midtown hotels on your own

Then next morning just grab a cab that will be waiting in front of your hotel to the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

hello claire

could not really see your attachment but we are also sailing on the breakaway in feb 2018 on the 4th

we have been a few time and have to say we would not let NCL book our hotel or flights again

ended up in the middle of queens or at the airport

best to book your own

any questions feel free to pm me

The hotel is part of a package holiday so not an option to book our own. Will have to keep fingers crossed

Well, you could. If you're not happy with where they book you, you could just reserve another hotel room for yourself.

The hotel is part of a package holiday so not an option to book our own. Will have to keep fingers crossed

if you can afford it just book your own hotel and dont get the transfer with NCL from the airport in new york

friends have done this with no issue

hello claire

could not really see your attachment but we are also sailing on the breakaway in feb 2018 on the 4th

Hi Claire and Glennmartin. If my dates are correct (maybe?), I think the BA sails on Feb 2, 2018, not on the 4th. If you're booked on this cruise, come join the Roll Call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2384272

Lots of time to plan activities for the cruise (and time to save money!), Lynn

• 5 weeks later...

Hey have you foumd out you hotel yet?

I'm on this cruise too with my daughter and family, and we will be staying at Park central hotel so we can do three days there before boarding

I'll be going through my agent for the hotel but didn't take NCL's package as I'd rather make my own transfers and the agent mentioned the hotel choice would probably be closer to the airport than the city. Plus we will be coming from Glasgow.

Also off tpic but I can totally understand how its cost so much. And why you booked so far in advanced like us.

For those of us coming from the UK, traveling to America is expensive! My flights are £1600 alone so adding the cruise itself, staying in NYC for a couple of days plus transfers, insurance, excursions etc adds up quick. Its beyond worth it though. I guess the same if anyone from the us took a flight and cruise in Europe