Once a day room cleaning trial.

Hotdog 52

How many times have you tipped the housekeeping crew at a hotel.

Daily if I don't leave the Do Not Disturb out. Twice daily if I am staying someplace where I get turndown service.

In a place with an included service charge split between bell staff, housekeeping, etc., I will still leave a little something for the housekeeper if they do even a little something extra.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How many times have you tipped the housekeeping crew at a hotel.

I understand your point, but it is somewhat different. For cabin Stewards the gratuity is the main way they are paid (sometimes as much as 95% of everything they earn). They do not get much in the way of wages from the cruise line. At a most hotels (all in USA) the room attendants are getting at least minimum wage, and it will be higher in large hotels and big cities. So in this case any cash you leave really is a tip for providing good service. The last study I saw (2014) 46% of travelers said they tip housekeepers occasionally. We have stayed at hotels in other countries where the room attendants work solely for tips, so as with cruises you always tip them.

Wait, do people not tip daily at hotels?

I leave a tip daily. Though at a nice hotel we stayed at pretty recently, we had some odd hours and didn't get service daily so they didn't get tipped daily (didn't come for service during when we were out of the room, same tip got left for the next day, though I tipped if we called for extra towels -- we had like 10 towels though so it was no big deal that they came at inopportune times on some days).

But other than that, I cannot think of a time I've not left 2-5$ daily.

Not me.

Most of the hotel machines you push a button and ice drops into the bucket. This is a scoop. You put the scoop back in after handling it, that's why it's unclean.

According to proper sanitation rules, you should never leave a scoop in the ice machine. There should be a place to hang it next to the ice machine.

They could always replace that type of ice machine for a dispensing type found in hotels.

Edited by Computer Nerd

Most of the hotel machines you push a button and ice drops into the bucket. This is a scoop. You put the scoop back in after handling it, that's why it's unclean.

I do agree with you there. Although you have to wonder how clean the hands of the person who just got done scrubbing your bathroom might be when they handle the scoop...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I expect room service twice a day as usual. I also would like ice delivered to my room every day. I hate that the stewards are working so hard. It is unfair that Carnival gives them so much work. We always give our room steward money the first day for the extra work that we ask for. I think it is unfair that we feel like we have to pay extra for services previously offered. The price of the cruises has not gone down. We do love cruising Carnival as we do feel we get the most for the dollar, however, we will not hesitate to seek other cruise lines.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Disagree. The price of cruising can be very cheap. How many cruisers are paying less than $200/night/couple for room, food, entertainment, etc. I know the suites are paying a large premium but that is a different issue. As cruise line increase capacity, fares will need to stay low to fill the cabins so services will continued to be cost-reduced. If you want more luxury, they are forcing you to go to the premium lines. Even the higher priced mass market lines like Celebrity are cutting services.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just want to say I laugh every time I see you screen name because my mind, when canning it quickly, reads "CrispyRN". Thanks for the continued laughs. :)