RCL TV Documentation

The TV on the "Brilliance of the Seas" did not browse my USB thumb drive, but it did play the HDMI input when I tuned to channel 3

This is my info sharing review about the TV experience on the RCL Brilliance of the Seas. Bottom line: bring a universal remote if you plan to use a USB thumb drive.

When I plugged in my thumb drive:

I got a prompt to hit enter:

But nothing I could do would cause the TV to proceed to browse the thumb drive.

I went to reception. They said it's not possible. I even cornered a guy in white overalls in front of a bunch of computers and he said "sorry, it won't work".

The good news is that with an HDMI cable connected from my tablet, I was able to watch anything on the tablet. I plugged the HDMI cable into the TV and tuned the TV to channel 3. The tablet recognized the display and we were able to watch the movies we brought along with us.

The cinema on the Brilliance was so small that it was always completely full, even if you got their 30 minutes early. I gave up on watching their movies. And, oh, you want to watch the same movie in your room, prepare to give up $12!!

PS: if the pictures don't show in this post and you are curious, it's i . stack . imgur . com

Edited by sengsational

On the Allure last week I used the HDMI plug from my IPhone to the Samsung TV HDMI 3 port on the side of the TV and it worked perfectly.

The remote in the cabin even allowed me to switch inputs. I found that by accident, but if I pushed the button that looks like a little TV with rabbit ears it cycled the inputs.

Hey There

This is good info as I plan on bringing a SD card with movies on there for the kids

Does any one know if the TV's support memory cards, especially on Explorer of the Seas CL?

Failing that if I bring a HDMI cable and android device would I still need a universal remote to select the AV input?

PEACE

Kosti

Hey There

This is good info as I plan on bringing a SD card with movies on there for the kids

Does any one know if the TV's support memory cards, especially on Explorer of the Seas CL?

Failing that if I bring a HDMI cable and android device would I still need a universal remote to select the AV input?

PEACE

Kosti

I've not seen any memory card slots on the TVs.