Spring break weather

alliecat1970

Going out of Galveston is it swimming weather for kids and if not do they keep the kids activities going this is spring break week. Anyone that has went this week and experienced it please let me no thanks. 2 boys ages 7&8. Week of 3/12/17. Breeze Thanks again, Janet Rae

From a lifelong Texan it is too cold to swim during Spring Break unless the pool is heated.

I have and do swim during SB but it is too cold! :eek:

Now further South towards the Yucatan and more Easterly will probably be warmer. :cool:

The day you board the water will most likely be cool but not cold. The next day at sea it will be fine for swimming.

We cruised spring breaks the entire time my wife was teaching and that was our experience.

You also need to know the pool will be filled with people by 1-2 pm and remain that way until dinner. Spring Break cruises bring them out in droves.

Edited by BallFour4

Going out of Galveston is it swimming weather for kids and if not do they keep the kids activities going this is spring break week. Anyone that has went this week and experienced it please let me no thanks. 2 boys ages 7&8. Week of 3/12/17. Breeze Thanks again, Janet Rae

Whether or not the kids can swim day 1, I can't say. On our cruise to Canada on the Sunshine, they were heating the pools because people were in them and it was cold on deck.

As for activities, Camp does not take kids that age to the pool; if they wanna swim it will be with parents. They will have everything from board games to video games to movies to dodgeball, soccer, science projects, arts and crafts and candy making, just to name a few, going on through the week. At that age, my boys still loved doing build a bear with us (usually first sea day) - but plan because its gonna cost like $30 a kid if that matters to your budget. Activities will be available on sea days from 9-12, 1-4 ish and 7-10 free of charge; late night parties available for a fee. On port days, the kids can go, but its more of a free play during the times when most are ashore on excursions with their parents.