Elite Discount on Internet Packages

doublemm16

Good Morning Everyone! I noticed today that celebrity is offering 20% of internet packages for my December cruise. I know I get a complimentary 90 minute package, but does anyone know the discount given if you want to purchase the package after you use up the complimentary 90 minutes?

Thank you!! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am not Elite yet, so I don't know for sure, but I think you get a choice of either taking your free minutes, or applying the free minutes towards a certain percent off an internet package.

Mostly I just wanted to post and say thanks for pointing out the internet package discount! I prebooked a couple weeks ago for my December cruise for $282 and now it is only $239. I'll have to cancel my package and rebook so I can get the sale price :)

I am not Elite yet, so I don't know for sure, but I think you get a choice of either taking your free minutes, or applying the free minutes towards a certain percent off an internet package.

Mostly I just wanted to post and say thanks for pointing out the internet package discount! I prebooked a couple weeks ago for my December cruise for $282 and now it is only $239. I'll have to cancel my package and rebook so I can get the sale price :)

On our 9 night Feb. cruise there were further discounts offered on embarkation, which along with our cc discount made it an even better deal (with the added plus that we could use OBC to pay for it, so in essence, it was free for unlimited wifi). We're going to wait and see what happens in Dec. and not book it ahead.

Good Morning Everyone! I noticed today that celebrity is offering 20% of internet packages for my December cruise. I know I get a complimentary 90 minute package, but does anyone know the discount given if you want to purchase the package after you use up the complimentary 90 minutes?

[emoji4]

We went to the computer room at the beginning of our Alaska-Cruise in August to buy one unlimited Internet package. The lady offered us: 30 % Elite discount for the first user and a second package with 50 % discount for my wife's smartphone. Great deal (I didn't even ask for a discount!) and very friendly service. We paid with OBC, which we had no other use.

On our 9 night Feb. cruise there were further discounts offered on embarkation, which along with our cc discount made it an even better deal (with the added plus that we could use OBC to pay for it, so in essence, it was free for unlimited wifi). We're going to wait and see what happens in Dec. and not book it ahead.

I generally wait to book things until we're onboard, but we only qualify for 10% off with our Captain's Club discount and some recent posts on Cruise Critic seem to imply that there aren't really any further discount offers on board anymore.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2419646

Charging the internet package to my Celebrity Visa gave me just enough rewards points to bump me up to the next OBC redemption level, so it seemed worthwhile at the time. Even more so now that I was able to get it at the $239 rate instead. I guess we'll see if that was the right decision come December 9th? ;)

I generally wait to book things until we're onboard, but we only qualify for 10% off with our Captain's Club discount and some recent posts on Cruise Critic seem to imply that there aren't really any further discount offers on board anymore.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2419646

Charging the internet package to my Celebrity Visa gave me just enough rewards points to bump me up to the next OBC redemption level, so it seemed worthwhile at the time. Even more so now that I was able to get it at the $239 rate instead. I guess we'll see if that was the right decision come December 9th? ;)

I remember that we went to internet café on embarkation day and that's where we found the on board discount. There was no one that I saw in the atrium offering it. Don't know if that was an anomaly or not, but going to try it again Dec 11th.

I noticed today that celebrity is offering 20% of internet packages for my December cruise. I know I get a complimentary 90 minute package, but does anyone know the discount given if you want to purchase the package after you use up the complimentary 90 minutes?

It doesn't work as you suggest... While aboard Equinox recently I thought I'd do the same thing as you propose but, upon speaking with the iLounge Manager, I learned that...

• The price of the unlimited internet package is not prorated for days used relative to the package price for your entire sailing... Since pricing is the same regardless of the day in which you enroll, there is no advantage to using your complimentary Captain's Club allowance [seemingly, you have Elite status] first if you know--from the outset--that you'll want unlimited [or additional] access at some time during your sailing... Rather, the best value is achieved if you enroll for unlimited internet access on embarkation day...
  • I seem to recall that the Captain's Club discount for an Elite member buying an unlimited package is 30%... I am an Elite + member and am certain that my discount was 35%...

There were a few minutes-based internet package options--pricey; I don't recall the details--for those who want limited access for short periods of time...