Noise from the Windjammer?

I just returned from the best vacation, and I'm planning the next cruise same itinerary, same ship! Thanks everyone for all the advice I received on these boards! We were lucky to get JS #8588 - loved it, but can't get it for the next cruise.:( I can reserve a GS, but it looks like all the suites are under the Windjammer Cafe. Can anyone tell me if there was a lot noise from above. We looked in these cabins when we disembarked and they were very nice, I'm just worried about the noise from above.

Thanks Again

Janet

I have had aft cabins on the Exploxer on deck ten and have another next week on the Adventure of the Seas. I don,t remember all that much noise from above . You will hear some of the Prop wash when moving which I find relaxing , but the noise from above seem to carry over the deck 10 balconies.

When the ship is docked , you may hear a little more from the windjammer on the balcony , but not in the cabin. I hope this helps you out. I would give up my aft cabin for anything, well maybe the Royal Suite.

I was on the Jewel OTS cabin #8586. Sometimes you'll hear the noise from the utility carts as they(crew) prepare to open the WJ. It should not bother you if you're a heavy sleeper. The earliest I heard the carts moving about was around 5AM. I hope this helps.

Happy Sailings!:)

Have had GS on Vision (last month) and Grandeur and yes, there is noise from the Windjammer. It is mostly muffled and mostly early in the morning when you hear it....but the good things about the GS outweigh this negative (IMHO).:p

You are right Rianna 1411, we were there Oct. 16. I don't think you will be disappointed with the GS. Our balcony (8008) had 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs, and two tables...with some room left over...plus lots of room inside.

I just returned from the best vacation, and I'm planning the next cruise same itinerary, same ship! Thanks everyone for all the advice I received on these boards! We were lucky to get JS #8588 - loved it, but can't get it for the next cruise.:( I can reserve a GS, but it looks like all the suites are under the Windjammer Cafe. Can anyone tell me if there was a lot noise from above. We looked in these cabins when we disembarked and they were very nice, I'm just worried about the noise from above.

Thanks Again

Janet

Rianna, we had GS 8540 on the Enchantment, and this cabin is in the same position on the Vision. Boy, did we EVER hear noise from the WJ in the morning! I loved this cabin, and would probably take it again, even with the noise, but it woke me up two or three of our seven mornings, and it was disturbing enough that I couldn't fall back to sleep.

Carol

Archived