New York Times Speakers

babs135

Looking at our eastbound voyage on the QM2 on the 3rd January it would appear that the speakers are from the NY Times. I believe Cunard have done this before and I would like to hear from anyone who was on board. I'm not sure if I'm disappointed or not.

Hearing from friends during the election they feel the paper did not do a good job in its reporting.

I was on the July 24 - August 1, 2016 eastbound crossing which featured speakers from the New York Times. I believe the original plan was to have all five speakers from the New York Times, but in the end, only three of the five speakers on that particular crossing were from the Times.

For me, the quality of the New York Times lectures was a bit of a mixed bag. One of the speakers seemed to be mostly reading verbatim from prepared scripts. And as I recall, the lectures by the New York Times speakers tended to be pretty short (only about 30 minutes or so) with the remainder of the time allotted to questions from the audience. That's not my preferred format.

I found the New York Times lectures to be generally worthwhile and informative, but on the whole, I cannot say they were quite up to the usual high standards I have come to expect from the Cunard Insights enrichment programme. One man's opinion, for what it's worth.

Regards,

John

I will be on that crossing and I am not overly excited about the speakers. I don't read the NYT so I am not familiar with any of the speakers. I was hoping for someone I knew or people to speak about exploration, entertainment, pop culture, or food. Instead I am seeing speakers that specialize in politics, healthcare, and personal finance. Worthwhile topics, but not my cup of tea.

Looking at our eastbound voyage on the QM2 on the 3rd January it would appear that the speakers are from the NY Times. I believe Cunard have done this before and I would like to hear from anyone who was on board. I'm not sure if I'm disappointed or not.

Hearing from friends during the election they feel the paper did not do a good job in its reporting.

You have Ken Walsh and William Lokey in addition to the NY Times speakers - I think you should maybe wait and see. Personally I would not be disappointed yet.