Getaway Illusionarium show

xray121995

We saw this show onboard the Getaway this summer and really enjoyed it. It included 4 or 5 magicians/illusionists and a finale with all of the performers loosely tied together with a simple plot. The theater itself is beautiful and worth a visit. We thought the meal was very good, my kids were fighting each other over the shrimp. The desserts weren't great, but that seemed to be the trend for the entire cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
The first night or two of the cruise often offers a 20% discount at the Illusionarium The food was all very good, but you have no choice.

I understood that these extra entertainment items had to be ordered ahead of time (pre sail) or you would never get in to see any of them.

I understood that these extra entertainment items had to be ordered ahead of time (pre sail) or you would never get in to see any of them.

It's suggested that you prebook these types of things before boarding, but it's certainly not impossible to do so once onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've done the Illusionarium two different times on two different sailings. We used the Haven concierge for seating in both instances. Whereas the Haven concierge can pretty much "get you into" about any show or restaurant, we did not have our choice of just any night since some of the nights were completely filled by the time we decided to go.

Hi, I am thinking about sailing the Gateway as a solo and Illusionarium seems like a show I would be interested in seeing. I know that this might not bother some people, but for me the thought of being seated as a solo with a large family or large group of close friends would totally ruin the experience for me. I would just feel too awkward. Even worse, I think I would die if I was then randomly selected to participate on stage. My question is this: As a solo, would I be forced to be seated with a group of strangers for the duration of the dinner and show? And if so, can anyone offer any tips on how to make this a less awkward experience for me - (such as would it be better to show up 30 mins before the show vs 5 mins before showtime or would it be better to have the cheaper seats vs the more expensive seats, etc., etc.). Also, how can I avoid being selected to participate. Thanks.

Solo is fine. They seat at long banquet tables facing the stage, so you are not really "at a table". It's a fun show,,,, but show up about 60 minutes before show time to get a good seat. Doors open 30 minutes to show time. Havens guests will be seated through a side entrance before general admission.