accessible cabins

candigirl41

I have looked on the Carnival site at the deck plans and cannot for the life of me figure out which cabins are available for people with disabilities. I cannot find a key. If I hover over a certain cabin with a square or star it just states they are for 3 people max or 4 people max. What am I missing

Thanks Candi

If you do an internet search for accessible cabins for a certain ship you should find something that will give you a list. Make sure of what you need. If the person with a disability needs a wheelchair to get in and out of the room you will need an accessible cabin. If they can walk through the door on their own but need more room and a handicapped bathroom then look for modified. The modified normally have more narrow doors on some of the things I have read. Call Carnival and ask for the special needs department. They are great with answering questions and helping you.

When you pull up their website, scroll all the way to the bottom, and click on the link "Guests with Disabilities". It will give you a PDF of every ship that includes pathways for accessible ppl, staterooms that are accessible, and tips and info as well. Hope this helps.

Everyone else's suggestions are on point. I wanted to add I was a first-time Carnival cruiser in October (on Glory), and as a wheelchair user, I have nothing but good to say about the accessibility and crew support. My only quibble with Carnival ships is that the sports decks are not accessible via elevator. Let me know if you have any other questions.