tip for tea and coffee

lenbest

Bev68, :) I too am a Brit who has booked their first ever cruise on MSC, also on Aurea experience with drinks package!

I'm glad someone has asked this about tips and morning coffee.

We are paying the 12 per day upfront - but my question is - how does the person who delivers my coffee know I've already paid upfront?

I just want to do the right thing :confused:

Take some dollar bills and as a gesture give as an extra tip for room service. That's what we do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Btw Bev and Clovelle if either of you or your partners have status in any hotel loyalty schemes you can use it to get a status match with MSC. Also if it is your first cruise ever you will really enjoy it! We did and are loathe to try any other line at the moment. You are able to go with an open mind as we did. If you read through the negative reviews they are usually from people who have been sailing for years and want more of an America style of service. Also on this forum there are lots of helpful people e.g. Pete skier and Bret, they are the MSC gurus!

Btw Bev and Clovelle if either of you or your partners have status in any hotel loyalty schemes you can use it to get a status match with MSC. Also if it is your first cruise ever you will really enjoy it! We did and are loathe to try any other line at the moment. You are able to go with an open mind as we did. If you read through the negative reviews they are usually from people who have been sailing for years and want more of an America style of service. Also on this forum there are lots of helpful people e.g. Pete skier and Bret, they are the MSC gurus!

Our first cruise was with MSC, we then tried Norwegian Cruise Line and hated it because it was so different and very 'American' with the service, food etc, so for us it's always MSC.

Have a brilliant time and feel free to ask any other questions :)

Tim

Agree with all the above, nothing in the daily that hasn't already been said. $168 gratuities for 2 for 7 days. It is quite a culture shock for N Americans dealing with the European way of tipping. If it makes you feel less embarrassed or stops you feeling guilty drop a few bucks here and there.

Bev68, :) I too am a Brit who has booked their first ever cruise on MSC, also on Aurea experience with drinks package!

I'm glad someone has asked this about tips and morning coffee.

We are paying the 12 per day upfront - but my question is - how does the person who delivers my coffee know I've already paid upfront?

I just want to do the right thing :confused:

Whether you paid up front or pay at the end, they know they are going to get a share of the gratuities with their pay cheque.