Luggage from Miami Port to FLL

andant

Hi all,

We are taking a Bahamas cruise on Norwegian from Miami Port and after the cruise we get back to the port in the morning. Our flight back to NY is from Fort Lauderdale at 10:30pm. We would like to spend a day exploring Miami.

We need a help on how to handle our luggage? Is there a way to store it in Miami Port until later in the evening? Or is there is some service that picks up bags and delivers them directly to FLL, it would be even better.

Thank you!

-Andrei

There have been some old reports of luggage storage available at Bayside Market where you can catch the hop-on/off bus tours.

Another option is the luggage lounge in Miami Beach: http://sobevee.wixsite.com/luggageloungemiami

Check Blue Heron's blog (she frequently posts on this board) for South Beach hotels that will sell you a day pass for their pool/spa - tip the staff to store your bags while you enjoy the facility, beach and a boozy lunch.

Thank you so much for both suggestions -and I can't believe I didn't think of a one-way car rental myself. I think we will just go with that option.

It seems like renting a car in downtown Miami and dropping it at FLL is cheaper than two shared rides on a shuttle, so that makes perfect sense for us, in addition to solving the luggage problems. Now on to planning a day in Miami...

Thank you again!