About to Book Norwegian Sun: Good Idea

iancal

I am just about ready to book a 7 day E Carib. trip for my father (83yrs old) amd me. My wife and I have been on Crystal, RCI, Celebrity, and Princess and have never had a bad cruise. Anyone provide some input on whether we will be happy with this one.

It would probably help a little if you give us an idea about what is important to you on a cruise.

I have been on the Sun and loved the experience very much BUT some people who have been on 'traditional' cruises don't like the NCL "Freestyle" experience.

There are no set seating times. In the evening the dining rooms are open from about 5:30 to 10:30. You can arrive for dinner at any time within that time frame BUT if you pick a popular time (like 7PM) you may have to wait to be seated.

You can either sit by yourselves in the dining room or choose to share a table with others.

Resort casual (no jeans or shorts or t-shirts) is always the appropriate dress for dinner. There is usually a formal night BUT it is optional.

To add, all NCL ships sailing from Houston (Texas) get the priviledge of wearing jeans to dinner. Note: the Sun switches home ports to Miami in January 2006.

Saturday afternoon funnies!

:D I didn't know that ships dressed up for dinner at all!! :p

More data: Do not care one iota about formal....I wear suits all day and I light to pack light so does this mean that I do not even need to bring a sportsjacket or dress slacks (hooray)? Want good food, want to sit in the sun (we will be coming from the snow belt). Planning to book a balcony so my father can sit outside and have a cigar (but not in the room thanks). We eat late, prepared to go later to avoid lineups, and would probably take a large table if only because it would give my father some different conversation than me. DId you like the pool/sundeck area?

thanks

Archived