Transportation to Courtyard-Plantation

austincici

I just found a one bedroom 700 sf Luxury Penthouse, Ocean View efficiency apartment with a full kitchen at the Gallery One Doubletree (private residence unit) for only $119.40 on Orbitz for November 26. Gallery One is highly recommended here because it is on the Intracoastal with a Water Taxi stop, one block to the beach and next door to the Galleria Mall.

The only catch is their taxes and cleaning fees are $101.94 for a total of $221.34. If you are interested you'll have to make a quick decision because this won't last very long. We may be talking minutes.

That's still a really great deal at $221.

Yes, the 26th. The Residence Inn seems too far away, with no shuttle, the other one is just too much for as short amount of time as we'll be in it. Thanks you for all your help, though! I really appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From the airport it is 10 miles to the Residence Inn and 11.5 miles to the Plantation Courtyard. If you don't stay on points somewhere you will still have to spend a minimum of $150-$160 with tax per room to get a hotel that has at least an airport shuttle.

Unless you're getting a special rate on the SUV I wouldn't get it. A full sized car should be enough for 4 people and luggage.

We are 3 ladies and one man. My mom and I grossly overpack, lol! I'd guess we will have at least 7 pieces of luggage for 4. I travelled with my mom and her friend to NE/Canada last year and we rented a full-sized car in Canada. Just BARELY got it all in with 3 people. There's no way we can do it with 4 and a driver. Still haven't heard back from my brother, I'm going to wait and see what he says.

Or get the cheapest (smallest) car and make multiple trips! I just looked and it was about $35 total for the day. Especially since your coming in at different times.

Might be cheaper if you have discount codes. Maybe even drive to port and drop luggage?

Just a thought?

Hello everyone! Just have to put my two cents in! Hey, good for you using points for your hotel on the holiday weekend. I have Marriott Rewards too and I love being very flexible with where I am staying. I also over pack every time I cruise, you never know what you will need! Now, about the pack mule thing...It is 2016, my husband is my "pack mule" and he loves it. I do ALL the planning, and he says "Honey, just tell me when to show up and how much money I need to bring" Most of the time, I carry my own bags and so does my 75 year old mother if she comes! Don't pay any attention to someone who has watched too many episodes of Mad Men. Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy staying in Plantation, you saved a lot of money by doing so!

Hello everyone! Just have to put my two cents in! Hey, good for you using points for your hotel on the holiday weekend. I have Marriott Rewards too and I love being very flexible with where I am staying. I also over pack every time I cruise, you never know what you will need! Now, about the pack mule thing...It is 2016, my husband is my "pack mule" and he loves it. I do ALL the planning, and he says "Honey, just tell me when to show up and how much money I need to bring" Most of the time, I carry my own bags and so does my 75 year old mother if she comes! Don't pay any attention to someone who has watched too many episodes of Mad Men. Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy staying in Plantation, you saved a lot of money by doing so!

Thank you so much! The posts were removed apparently, but you and I know what you are referring to. I appreciate that a lot.